|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Type of site
|Payment Gateway, Merchant Accounts|
|Available in||English, French|
|Owner||Optimal Payments PLC|
|Revenue||$274.7 million (2014)|
NETBANX is a service of a global payments company Optimal Payments PLC, which is currently based on the Isle of Man. It allows merchants and retailers to accept and process web or call centre captured global payments via credit cards, debit cards, pre-paid cards, and a range of other payment types.
The company processes online and telephone financial transactions for a range of industries, including government bodies, universities, insurance companies, small and large businesses. NETBANX's customers include: the UK government's business registration agency, Companies House and Environment Agency, Shop Direct Group, npower.
Products and services
NETBANX falls into the payment gateway and payment service provider types of financial services solutions. The company offers card not present (CNP), online, and call centre/interactive voice response (IVR) payment processing, including payment gateway, merchant accounts and fraud management tools. The company’s processing service is 3-D Secure and PCI compliant.
The company supports payment through and partners with all the major payment brands and networks, including (in no particular order) Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, Visa Electron, Diners Club, American Express, Visa Debit, JCB, Lloyds TSB Cardnet, Barclaycard, RBS Streamline, HSBC, HBOS, Direct Debit, Giropay, ELV, iDEAL, Poli, DirectPay24, Ukash, Carte Bleue, Carta Si, PayPal and the NETELLER e-wallet. These relationships allow the company to process payments from most major countries.
NETBANX primarily generates revenue by charging fees to merchants for each transaction that is processed through the company’s system.
NETBANX supports companies that already have their own card acquiring relationships. The company also offers merchant account/card acquiring & bureau services to expedite the process of a new company getting an acquiring relationship/merchant-ID so they can accept payments online.
- "Audited Results for the year ended 31 December 2014". 23 March 2015. Retrieved 1 April 2015.
- "Review of NetBanx payment gateway". EcommerceSpot. Retrieved 1 April 2015.
- "Company Overview of NETBANX Limited". Bloomberg. Retrieved 1 April 2015.
- Wallen, Joanne (31 October 2005). "Tip Update: Neteller banks on Netbanx". Citywire.co.uk. Retrieved 1 April 2015.
- "NETELLER Plc - INTERIM RESULTS FOR THE SIX MONTHS ENDED 30 JUNE 2008". InvestEgate. 3 September 2008. Retrieved 1 April 2015.
- "Neovia signs online payment processing deal with Shop Direct Group". The Paypers. 23 September 2010. Retrieved 1 April 2015.
- Company Website: 3-D Secure
- Company Website: Fraud and Security