|Privately held company|
|Revenue||€ 12 280 208 (2010)|
|€ 2 959 357 (2010)|
|€ 1 124 330 (2010)|
|Total assets||€ 4 599 582 (2010)|
|Total equity||€ 2 368 304 (2010)|
Number of employees
Neterra is a Bulgarian operator for complex telecommunications services and projects in Southeast Europe. The company is established as the first alternative operator of land and satellite stations in Bulgaria. Neterra's data network covers all major cities in Bulgaria and reaches points in Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Macedonia, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Turkey, England, France, Netherlands and Germany.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (August 2012)|
- Neterra is founded by Neven Dilkov, now Chairman of the Society for Electronic Communications.
- Neterra becomes land operator of the following satellite companies - Loral Skynet, Telespazio, KB Impuls Hellas, Triaton.
- The company starts the construction of Sofia Teleport and finally completes it in 2001. Sofia Teleport is a carrier neutral data centre. It is connected with all existing telecom networks in Bulgaria and international operators BT, GTS, Telecom Austria, Verizon Business etc. are colocated at the facility.
- Neterra is the first Bulgarian telecommunication operator to create international interconnection and a "point of presence" in Frankfurt, Germany. At that time the company controls approximately 1/3 of the whole Internet traffic in Bulgaria.
- Neterra completes its national network for transfer of voice and data. The network of Neterra reaches border checkpoints with Romania, Turkey and Greece.
- Neterra starts the development of an IT project called Neterra TV, an internet television that allows Bulgarians around the world to watch Bulgarian television and movies. At present moment more than 300 000 registered users in various geographic points watch on Neterra.TV.
- Neterra is selected as partner of British Telecom in Bulgaria. The communication center of Neterra became PoP No.100 in the global IP network of BT. For 20 years BT has succeeded in extending its MPLS network in the countries from Central and Eastern Europe, Russia and CIS (Community of Independent States).
- The copyright project Neterra.tv for Internet television and television in LAN is completed.
- Neterra commissions the first stage of its largest project for construction of an optical network through Bulgaria, which connects the European and Asian support points - Balkan Fiber Optic Ring (BFOR).
- In the beginning of 2007 Neterra completes a project for crossing the Danube river with fiber optic cable. The project connects the Bulgarian city of Russe with the Romanian town of Guergevo and includes fiber optics between Neterra's Telecom Center Russe and Romanian servise providers through the water border of the two countries. Several fibre optics have been placed for greater reliability. The technology of laying and protection of the fiber optics is unique and has been engineered specially for the project.
- Neterra is selected as the point of presence of Verizon for Central and Eastern Europe.
- British Telecom comes to Sofia and decides to collocate Point-of-Presence at Neterra.
- In March Neterra finishes constructing own fiber optic network with ring topology in Bulgaria. Now Neterra's Points-of-Presence are more than 30.
The project, that started in December 2004, was the first "green" investment in the field of telecommunications in Bulgaria, specially designed to serve the international transit market between Europe and Asia. The purpose of the project is to build a new telecommunication infrastructure on the Balkan Peninsula, that is managed from a single place and offers reliable services to international operators, using transit traffic through the Balkans. In its Bulgarian section the cable system crosses directly between the cities of Russe and Svilengrad, using the shortest possible route. It connects three borders of Bulgaria - Romania to the north and Turkey and Greece to the south. Neterra offers one-stop-shopping of telecommunication services between Europe and Asia, that include SDH services (n x 64 kbit/s up to STM-16) and Carrier Class Ethernet (up to n x 10 Gbit/s).
- Sofia Teleport is a satellite ground station in the region, which broadcast on the Astra 2C satellite, at 31.5°E.
- BIX.BG - The first Bulgarian Internet exchange point chooses Neterra's "Sofia Data Center" for placing its equipment.
- Neterra starts the IPTV service QUARTO in cooperation with the largest Bulgarian mobile operator – Mtel.
Neterra's Complete Modular IPTV Infrastructure System is basically an interconnected system where video content is acquired, prepared, encoded, stored and streamed to the partner both live and on-demand. It is complete with statistical (people metrics) module, billing and payment modules.
- Neterra has an access point in Paris in the Equinix Telehouse Paris 2 data center, as well as in Amsterdam in the InterXion data center.
- IP Transit
- Virtual Private Networks (VPN)
- International and Intercity Leased Lines
- Building and Maintenance of Clients Network
- VSAT Installation
- Radio Relay Lines
- Broadcast via Satellite
- Video and Radio Streaming
- SNG from Sofia Teleport
- "IPTV World Forum Eastern Europe - Neven Dilkov, Managing Director, Neterra Ltd". Iptv-easterneurope.com. Retrieved 2010-08-23.
- "Facts and Figures". Neterra. Retrieved 2010-08-23.
- Society for Electronic Communications. "Активности на СЕК - bgsec.org". Bgsec.org:8080. Retrieved 2010-08-23.
- "България | Сдружението за електронни комуникации има нов председател". Dnevnik.bg. Retrieved 2010-08-23.
- "World Teleport Association". Worldteleport.org. Retrieved 2010-08-23.
- "Neterra Ltd.". Data Center Map. Retrieved 2010-08-23.
- "Customers". DE-CIX. Retrieved 2010-08-23.
- "Пазари | "Нетера" се готви за пазара на онлайн цифрова телевизия | Приходите й от услуги за 2007 г. са близо 17 млн. лв.". Dnevnik.bg. Retrieved 2010-08-23.
- Александър БОЙЧЕВ (2007-05-18). "Технологии и наука | www.първапрограма.нет | Как да гледаме телевизия през компютъра - Капитал". Capital.bg. Retrieved 2010-08-23.
- "Europa Frente" (PDF). Retrieved 2010-08-23.
- Paul Polishuk (27 June 2008), "Contracts", Fiber optics weekly update, Information Gatekeepers Inc: 11, ISSN 1051-189X, retrieved 2010-08-23
- "Нетера участва в международно изследване за Етернет от телекомуникационен клас | Интернет | PC World България". Pcworld.bg. Retrieved 2010-08-23.
- "SES ASTRA Forms Partnership with Bulgarian Telecom Operator Neterra". Satellite.tmcnet.com. 2009-12-14. Retrieved 2010-08-23.
- "Bulgarian Internet eXchange | Участници в". BIX.BG. 2010-07-30. Retrieved 2010-08-23.
- Андриан Георгиев (2009-05-29). "Технологии и наука | Не три в едно, а Quarto | "Мобилтел" се изправя срещу кабелните оператори и пуска цифрова телевизия през интернет - Капитал". Capital.bg. Retrieved 2010-08-23.
- "Нетера влага 1 милион лева в еко дейта център". Technews.bg. 2010-07-15. Retrieved 2010-08-23.