The PlayStation Portable's web browser uses NetFront.
|Developer(s)||Access Co., Ltd.|
|Stable release||4.3 / February 1, 2012|
|Operating system||Linux (Access Linux Platform, Android, Qtopia, GTK+, etc.), Symbian (S60 and UIQ), Garnet OS, REX OS (BREW), Windows CE, Wii U, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable, PlayStation Vita, VxWorks, Nucleus, ITRON, OS-9, OSE, Nintendo 3DS|
|Engine||NetFront, WebKit (some versions)|
Mainly deployed on mobile phones, NetFront Browser is available for multiple platforms (see right info box) and has been deployed in multifunction printers (MFP), digital TVs, set-top boxes (STB), PDAs, web phones, game consoles, e-mail terminals, automobile telematics systems and other device types.
The browser converts tables in a Web page into a vertical display, eliminating the need to scroll horizontally. This allows the user to zoom in and out on Web pages from 25% to 100%, and can select or scroll anywhere on a page with the stylus on Pocket PC devices.
Access has also released NetFront Life Browser for smartphones and NetFront Browser NX for other embedded devices such as tablets and set-top boxes. Both these browsers are based on WebKit and run on most mobile operating systems including Linux, Android, Unix, and Windows CE.
- "ACCESS to Provide Free NetFront v3.0 Evaluation Copy For PocketPC" (Press release). Access Co. February 20, 2002. Archived from the original on June 29, 2012. Retrieved 2013-11-27.
- NetFront: The Fast GTK+ Browser you Never Knew Existed
- Brown, Eric (2011-06-09). "WebKit-based version of NetFront browser aims at IPTVs, STBs". LinuxDevices.com. eWeek. Archived from the original on 2013-01-28.
- "NetFront Browser NX for Internet Appliances". Products > Solutions for Internet Appliances. Access. 2013. Archived from the original on 2012-05-02.
- Support: System Software Updates
- "Webkit - Open Source 2012". Open Source Code Distribution Service. Sony. 2012-10-10. Retrieved 2013-11-27.
- "PS3 System Software Update (v4.11)". Sony. Retrieved February 15, 2012.
- WiiU Hardware Features Internet Browser. Nintendo
- Wii U Support GPL. Nintendo
- NetFront Browser Gives Amazon Kindle Customers On-Device Access to Information-Rich Websites like Wikipedia.org
- NetFront Browser for Internet Appliances
- NetFront Browser NX for Internet Appliances (based on WebKit)