The PlayStation Portable's web browser uses NetFront.
|Developer(s)||Access Co., Ltd.|
4.3 / February 1, 2012
|Operating system||Linux (Access Linux Platform, Android, Qtopia, GTK+, etc.), Symbian (S60 and UIQ), Garnet OS, REX OS (BREW), VxWorks, Nucleus, ITRON, OS-9, OSE|
|Engine||NetFront, WebKit (some versions)|
|Platform||Windows CE, Wii U, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable, PlayStation Vita, Nintendo 3DS, Kindle, Nintendo Switch|
Mainly deployed on mobile phones, NetFront Browser is available for multiple platforms (see right info box) and has been deployed in multifunction printers (MFP), digital TVs, set-top boxes (STB), PDAs, web phones, game consoles, e-mail terminals, automobile telematics systems and other device types.
The browser converts tables in a Web page into a vertical display, eliminating the need to scroll horizontally. This allows the user to zoom in and out on Web pages from 25% to 100%, and can select or scroll anywhere on a page with the stylus on Pocket PC devices.
Access has also released NetFront Life Browser for Android and iOS smartphones and NetFront Browser NX for other embedded devices such as tablets and set-top boxes. Both these browsers are based on WebKit and run on most mobile operating systems including Linux, Android, Unix, and Windows CE. NX can also run HTML5 content.
Netfront 3.5 had an Acid3 score of 11/100 and NetFront Browser NX v1.0 had an Acid3 score of 92/100.
- "ACCESS to Provide Free NetFront v3.0 Evaluation Copy For PocketPC" (Press release). Access Co. February 20, 2002. Archived from the original on June 29, 2012. Retrieved 2013-11-27.
- Update History NetFront
- NetFront: The Fast GTK+ Browser you Never Knew Existed
- Brown, Eric (2011-06-09). "WebKit-based version of NetFront browser aims at IPTVs, STBs". LinuxDevices.com. eWeek. Archived from the original on 2013-01-28.
- "NetFront Browser NX for Internet Appliances". Products > Solutions for Internet Appliances. Access. 2013. Archived from the original on 2012-05-02.
- Support: System Software Updates
- "Webkit - Open Source 2012". Open Source Code Distribution Service. Sony. 2012-10-10. Retrieved 2013-11-27.
- "PS3 System Software Update (v4.11)". Sony. Retrieved February 15, 2012.
- WiiU Hardware Features Internet Browser. Nintendo
- Wii U Support GPL. Nintendo
- NetFront Browser Gives Amazon Kindle Customers On-Device Access to Information-Rich Websites like Wikipedia.org