St. Mary's Church, Nether Alderley
Nether Alderley shown within Cheshire
|OS grid reference|
|Civil parish||Nether Alderley|
|Unitary authority||Cheshire East|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|EU Parliament||North West England|
The parish includes the crossroads of Monk's Heath, where the A34 crosses the A537, and the AstraZeneca research laboratories at Alderley Park. These 20,000m² of multi-disciplinary laboratories house 260 cancer research scientists. According to the 2001 census, the population of the parish was 571.
- David Beckham and his wife, pop star Victoria Beckham, used to have a house in Nether Alderley.
- Neil Hamilton and his wife Christine used to live next door to St Mary's Church in Nether Alderley.
- Ole Gunnar Solskjær has a house in Nether Alderley.
- Henry de Motlowe, judge and politician, was the local landowner in the 1340s and 1350s.
- Official 2001 Census Figures. Retrieval Date: 13 August 2007
- Astra Zeneca - Alderley Park site
- Astra Zeneca Cancer Research Laboratories
- http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/low/england/2124491.stm New road threatens Beckhams' home. Date of page creation:12 July 2002. Retrieval Date: 13 August 2007.
- http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/s/1022374_ole_to_demolish_mansion Ole to demolish mansion. Date of page creation:1 November 2007. Retrieval Date: 1 October 2007.
Widening a country lane which bypasses the Monks Heath crossroads, Cheshire, England
Media related to Nether Alderley at Wikimedia Commons
|This Cheshire location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|