Netherlands Antilles Olympic Committee
The Netherlands Antilles Olympic Committee, (Dutch: Nederlands Antilliaans Olympisch Comité; Papiamento: Comité Olímpico di Antia Hulandes) generally abbreviated NAOC was a member of the IOC from 1950 to 2011. It constituted the National Olympic Committee of the dissolved country Netherlands Antilles which consisted of the islands Aruba (until 1986), Curaçao, Sint Maarten (countries of the Kingdom of the Netherlands), Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba (part of the Netherlands proper). The organization is a federation of 31 sports federations. So far only FIFA and CONCACAF recognize Curaçao as successor of Netherlands Antilles 
After dissolution of the Netherlands Antilles
The committee planned to keep its function and name after the dissolution of the Netherlands Antilles as a regional indication of the five islands as it would be impossible for Curaçao or Sint Maarten to form their own recognized National Olympic Committee. On 13 January 2011, the IOC however indicated that no legal basis existed for membership of the IOC and confirmed that none of the individual islands could apply for membership following a 1995 decision that future membership is only open to sovereign countries. The executive board of the IOC proposed the withdrawal of the membership at the IOC session of July 2011 and took steps to allow athletes to compete at the 2011 Pan American Games (under the PASO flag) as well as the 2012 Olympic Games under the Olympic flag as Independent Olympic Athletes. After 2012, Netherlands Antilles athletes can choose to represent either the Netherlands or Aruba.
- "NAOC Jaarrapport 2009 geaccordeerd" (PDF). Start (in Dutch). NAOC. 9 (11): 3. 2010. Retrieved 4 December 2010.
- "De sportstructuur na 10-10-10" (PDF). Start (in Dutch). NAOC. 9 (11): 3. 2010. Retrieved 4 December 2010.
- "Executive Board concludes first meeting of the new year". olympic.org ("Official website of the Olympic movement"). 13 January 2011. Retrieved 13 January 2011.
- "Curtain comes down on 123rd IOC Session". Olympic.org.
- "Working meeting between the IOC and the NOCs of the Netherlands Antilles, Aruba and the Netherlands". olympic.org ("Official website of the Olympic movement"). 1 July 2011. Retrieved 23 August 2012.
|This article related to the former Netherlands Antilles is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Olympics-related organization article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|