Netop Remote Control
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Developer(s)||Netop Business Solutions A/S|
12.5 / August 23, 2016
|Type||Remote administration software, Remote desktop software, Remote support software|
Netop Remote Control
Netop Remote Control is a family of products that provides solutions for remote management and support of servers, personal computers, smartphones, tablets, kiosk systems, ATMs and point-of-sale systems    . Remote browser based connections are possible using Netop Portal, which is a hosted service for easy connections over the internet. The cross-platform capabilities make it possible to access the most common operating systems from any operating system of the same selection like Windows, Windows Mobile, Windows CE, Android, iOS, Symbian, Linux, Mac, eComStation, Toshiba 4690 and more via LAN, WAN or internet. Connections over the internet are possible to both pre-installed clients as well as on-demand clients . Client modules as well as server modules may run in a physical or virtual environment    
NetOp On Demand creates temporary QuickStart sessions via Internet, without changing the configuration of the firewall. The user simply downloads a temporary executable and receives direct assistance of technical support. The technician can view the user's screen, control the mouse, keyboard and even transfer files. When the program is closed, it is automatically deleted from the hard drive of the user. The module installed on the helpdesk computer is called "Guest", and the module temporarily running on the user workstations is called "Host".
Connections can be established directly between the helpdesk and the remote computer if they are both on the same LAN/WAN. Otherwise the connection may be established via a Netop hosted cloud based connection service or a self-hosted connection service. A self-hosted (on-premises) connection service or a virtual private cloud service may be preferred in case regulations prevent connections to be established via 3rd-party servers.
The first version of Netop Remote Control for MS-DOS was released by Danware Data A/S in 1987. Current version is 12.5, which supports 32/64-bit versions of Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2003, Windows 10, Windows 8(.1), Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Ubuntu, CentOS, RedHat Enterprise Linux 5.x and 6.x, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9 and 10 and Mac iOS, OS X Leopard, Snow Leopard, Lion and El Capitan.
The original name of the manufacturer of various products of the Netop family was Danware Data A/S. In 2009 the company changed its name into Netop Business Solutions A/S.
- Dave Mitchell. "Netop Remote Control 12.2 review". ITPRO.
- "Net Op Remote Control - NetOp.com Review". no1reviews.com.
- PC Plus. "Netop Remote Control review". TechRadar.
- Danware Data A/S. "NetOp Remote Control Host". Software Informer.
- Fauziah Muhtar. "NetOp Remote Control Troubleshooting Tool". New Straits Times.
- "Netop Remote Control 12.2 review". PC Pro. April 2016
- "Open Source Subnet". Network World.
- "Netop Remote Control 9.5 for Windows 7 Released - Peripherals". techarena.in.
- Netop OnDemand PC Pro, Jan 2006
- Olivian Puha. "NetOp Remote Control Download". softpedia.
- Iwona Chomiak-Orsa, Wiesława Gryncewicz, Maja Leszczyńska. "IT tools in the virtualization of the software implementation and maintenance process", Wrocław University of Economics, Central and Eastern European Online Library 2012.
- Brian Underdahl. "iPAQ for Dummies". John Wiley & Sons.
- Donna Knapp. "A Guide to Service Desk Concepts". Cengage Learning.
- John C. Dvorak, Chris Pirillo, Wendy Tailor. "ONLINE! THE BOOK". Prentice Hall.