Netscape Messenger 9
Netscape Communications |
|Initial release||November 15, 2007|
|Last release||Non [±]|
|Preview release||9.0a1 (November 15, 2007) [±]|
|Written in||C++ (based on Mozilla Thunderbird)|
|Type||E-mail and news client|
Netscape Messenger is a standalone, multiplatform e-mail and news client that was developed by Netscape. Announced on June 11, 2007 as Netscape Mercury, the program was intended to accompany the web browser Netscape Navigator 9, and was based on Mozilla's Thunderbird.
On December 28, 2007, Netscape developers announced that AOL would discontinue support for Messenger along with the Navigator browser on February 1, 2008. AOL later extended support through March 1, 2008.
Netscape Messenger includes all the features of Mozilla Thunderbird 188.8.131.52, alongside greater AIM integration. In addition, it also has a custom user interface skin, similar to that of Netscape Navigator 9.
- Netscape Messenger 9.0a1 – November 15, 2007
- Netscape Mercury in progress Archived October 15, 2007, at the Wayback Machine. Retrieved on 2007-06-11
- Feature requests in Mercury[permanent dead link] Retrieved on 2007-06-12
- Netscape Blog on Netscape Messenger 9.a Retrieved on 2007-11-16
- The End of Support for Netscape Web Browsers - The Netscape Blog
- Netscape Messenger Release Notes Retrieved on 2007-11-16
- Netscape Messenger homepage
- "Netscape Mercury community support board". Archived from the original on November 21, 2006. Retrieved 2006-11-21.
- Official Download
|This software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|