|Developer(s)||LANL and others|
|Stable release||1.7 / July 4, 2012|
- Classes for graphs and digraphs.
- Conversion of graphs to and from several formats.
- Ability to construct random graphs or construct them incrementally.
- Ability to find subgraphs, cliques, k-cores.
- Explore adjacency, degree, diameter, radius, center, betweenness, etc.
- Draw networks in 2D and 3D.
NetworkX is suitable for operation on large real-world graphs: e.g., graphs in excess of 10 million nodes and 100 million edges. Due to its dependence on a pure-Python "dictionary of dictionary" data structure, NetworkX is a reasonably efficient, very scalable, highly portable framework for network and social network analysis.
- A Hagberg, D Conway, "Hacking social networks using the Python programming language (Module II - Why do SNA in NetworkX)", Sunbelt 2010: International Network for Social Network Analysis.
- A Hagberg, D Schult, P Swart, Exploring Network Structure, Dynamics, and Function using NetworkX, Proceedings of the 7th Python in Science conference (SciPy 2008), G Varoquaux, T Vaught, J Millman (Eds.), pp. 11-15.