This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Traded as||BSE: 532798
|Headquarters||Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Adil Zainulbhai (Chairman)|
|Revenue||₹3,403 crore (US$530 million) (2016)|
Number of employees
|Divisions||TV18, Viacom 18 (50%)|
Network 18 is an Indian mass media company which is owned and operated by Reliance Industries. Headquartered in Noida, India. It has interests in television, print, internet, film, mobile content and allied businesses.
The company was incorporated as a private limited company on 16 February 1996. In April 2006, the name was changed from SGA Finance and Management Services Private Limited to Network18 Fincap Private Limited and subsequently in November 2006, it was converted into a Public Limited company. Network18 got listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange and the National Stock Exchange on 2 February 2007. The shares of the company of face value of Rs 5 each opened at Rs 312.10 at the NSE and at Rs 300 at the BSE. The same year in December, its name was changed from Network18 Fincap Limited to Network18 Media & Investments Limited.
The Network 18 Group announced a restructuring plan to create a two listed entity structure for the group in July 2010. The restructuring became effective on 10 June 2011 with the approval of the Delhi High Court and the group successfully completed the re-alignment of its business operation into 2 sections – Network18 and TV18. Network18 undertakes the digital and publishing side of the business and TV18 contains the television assets of the group.
In Jan 2012, there was a large investment by Mukesh Ambani's Reliance Industries Limited in a complex deal that offered a possibility that Ambani-held Independent Media Trust (IMT) might eventually gain a controlling interest. In July 2014, the ownership was transferred to Independent Media Trust. On 29 May 2014, Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) announced it would be acquiring control in Network 18 Media & Investments Ltd, including its subsidiary TV18 Broadcast Ltd. The board of RIL approved funding of up to Rs. 40 billion to Independent Media Trust (IMT), of which RIL is the sole beneficiary, for acquisition of control in Network 18 and its subsidiaries. On 8 July 2014, RIL stated that it has completed the Network18 take-over.
Network 18 through its subsidiary 'TV18 Broadcast Limited', operates news channels. TV18 also operates a joint venture with Viacom, called Viacom18, which houses a portfolio of popular entertainment channels across genres. TV18 also operates a factual entertainment channel History TV18 through a joint venture with A+E Networks.
Network 18 operates following channels.
|Business News Channels(4)||CNBC TV18||English||India|
|CNBC TV 18 Prime HD||English||India|
|General News Channels(3)||CNN News18||English||India|
|News 18||English||US, Canada, UK, Singapore, and the Middle East|
|Regional News Channels(14)||IBN-Lokmat||Marathi||Maharashtra,India|
|NEWS18 Punjab-Haryana-Himachal Pradesh||Hindi||Punjab, Haryana & Himachal Pradesh,India|
|ETV News Gujarati||Gujarati||Gujarat,India|
|ETV Uttar Pradesh Uttarakhand||Hindi||Uttar Pradesh & Uttarakhand,India|
|ETV Madhya Pradesh-Chhattisgarh||Hindi||Rajasthan,India|
|ETV Bihar-Jharkhand||Bhojpuri||Bihar & Jharkhand, India|
|ETV Bangla||Bengali||West Bengal,India|
|ETV News Odia||Odia||Odisha,India|
|ETV News Kannada||Kannada||Karnataka,India|
|News 18 Kerala||Malayalam||Kerala,India|
|News18 Tamil Nadu||Tamil||Tamil Nadu,India|
|News 18 Assam-North East||Assamese, English||Assam, India|
|Upcoming Regional News Channels(3)||News 18 Goa||English, Konkani||Goa,India|
|News 18 Punjab||Punjabi||Punjab,India|
|News 18 J&K||Kashmiri, Hindi||Jammu & Kashmir,India|
|Entertainment(37)||Hindi General Entertainment(3)||Colors||Hindi||India|
|Hindi Movies(2)||Rishtey Cineplex||Hindi||India|
|Rishtey Cineplex HD||Hindi||India|
|Youth Channel(2)||MTV India||Hindi,English||India|
|MTV Beats HD||Hindi,English||India|
|English Entertainment(4)||Comedy Central||English||India|
|Comedy Central HD||English||India|
|Colors Infinity HD||English||India|
|Kids Entertainment(4)||Nick HD+||English,Hindi||India|
|Factual Entertainment(5)||History TV18||English,Hindi||India|
|History TV18 HD||English,Hindi||India|
|Shopping(1)||Home Shop 18||English,Hindi||India|
|Regional Entertainment(9)||Colors Marathi HD||Marathi||Maharashtra,India|
|Colors Kannada||Kannada||Karnataka, India|
|Colors Kannada HD||Kannada||Karnataka, India|
|Colors Super||Kannada||Karnataka, India|
|Colors Bangla||Bengali||West Bengal,India|
|Colors Bangla HD||Bengali||West Bengal,India|
|Upcoming Regional Channel(2)||Colors Tamil||Tamil||Tamil Nadu,India|
|Colors Tamil HD||Tamil||Tamil Nadu,India|
Viacom18 Motion Pictures - Part of the Viacom18 venture, it is involved in acquisition, production, syndication, marketing and distribution of full-length feature films within India. It also distributes Indian films in several international markets. It has an alliance with Paramount Pictures to distribute and market its films in the Indian subcontinent
Content Asset Monetisation
IndiaCast Media Distribution Private Limited - It is a joint venture between TV18 Broadcast Limited and Viacom18 Media Private Limited to create a multi-platform 'Content Asset Monetisation' entity. It distributes various channels across multiple distribution platforms such as cable, DTH, IPTV, HITS and MMDS in India and Internationally
Digital Content Network 18's digital content and commerce segment includes a portfolio of brands catering to a wide range of interests and services, including news and entertainment, markets and finance, online shopping and ticketing, and mobile phone services and applications. It includes (i) the content business that spans websites and mobile applications covering general and business news, entertainment, technology and sports (ii) the digital commerce business that includes online and out-of-home shopping and ticketing.
- Bookmyshow, an entertainment ticketing company that provides online booking for movies, plays, sporting events and shows across India and abroad. It services more than 240 cities and 2,800 screens in India
- HomeShop18 It provides an integrated virtual shopping experience on Internet, Television and Mobile through Homeshop18.com and the 24x7 television channel
- Burrp, a food and restaurant recommendation engine.
- Yatra, an online travel portal
- TopperLearning, an innovative e-learning platform, provides digitised quality content and personalised attention to students of CBSE, ICSE, Maharashtra English and Marathi medium, Gujarat English and Gujarati Medium, Goa, Kerala, Tamilnadu, Andhra Pradesh & Karnataka Boards and entrance exam coaching for IIT JEE Main & Advanced, NEET Main & Advanced, IIT JEE & NEET Foundation Course, Olympiad with a specialised team of subject experts.
- CAprep18, is a digital academic platform and the latest offering from Network18. It is designed to help CA aspirants across India, the Middle East & Nepal to prepare for CA exams such as CPT, IPCC, and Final in the comfort of their homes. Lectures are delivered by practicing chartered accountants and industry experts. Being online, CAprep18 makes personalised CA study resources accessible 24x7. CAprep18 sets itself apart with live streaming of classes and interactive doubt solving sessions along with an exhaustive set of study materials, solved textbook solutions, previous year question papers, sample papers and mock tests to help students during the Foundation, Intermediate and Final levels, making it a perfect blend of Academics and Technology for CA aspirants who wish to excel in the competitive CA exams.
- Forbes India
- Overdrive, auto media for the bike and car community for the past 17 years. It has presence across print, web, television and events
- Better Photography, magazine for photo enthusiasts. It covers a wide variety of content - from techniques and equipment reviews to interviews
- Better Interiors - an interior design publication
Notes and references
- "Restructure complete for Network 18". rapidtvnews.com. Retrieved 10 August 2011.
- Sandeep Bamzai (14 January 2012). "RIL deal-Network18: Is Mukesh Ambani the new media mogul?". India Today.Quote: the instrumentality ... is an optionally convertible debenture which has every possibility of turning into equity. Analysts say that going forward, Ambani will turn into a majority stake-holder of Network 18 and TV18 through this mechanism. On 29 May 2014, Mukesh Ambani owned Reliance industries, purchased the company for a reported Rs. 40 billion
- "RIL to acquire control of Network 18, Rajdeep may go". HT Media Limited. Retrieved 29 May 2014.
- "RIL completes Network 18 takeover". Patrika Group. 8 July 2014. Retrieved 9 July 2014.