|Founded||Los Angeles, CA (2004)|
|Defunct||2014 (acquisition completed)|
|Headquarters||3530 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1800, Los Angeles, CA|
Founder and Chief Executive Officer;
Director of Sales, Automate;
|Products||AutoMate and AutoMate BPA Server Software|
Network Automation was a Los Angeles-based software company. The company developed Automate, business process automation software designed to simplify repetitive information technology processes on desktop computers and servers.
In April 2014, the company was acquired by Minneapolis, MN-based HelpSystems, an IT software company offering solutions in the areas of systems and network management, business intelligence, security and compliance, for IBM i, Unix, Linux and Windows environments.
The company’s main products are AutoMate and AutoMate BPA Server, which run on Windows operating systems. The products are designed to simplify repetitive IT tasks via a drag and drop GUI interface, without requiring end user coding. Functions include job scheduling, automated FTP, batch processing, automated backups, scripting, automated testing, event log monitoring and automated reporting.
- AutoMate – AutoMate software presents a GUI-based interface for automating IT processes. The base version is called AutoMate Professional, and an enhanced version is called AutoMate Premium.
- AutoMate BPA Server - AutoMate BPA Server software provides centralized management of process management across the entire enterprise. The base version is called AutoMate BPA Server Standard Edition, and an enhanced version supporting more than 10 machines is known as AutoMate BPA Server Enterprise Edition.
2012 enhancements include support for Windows Azure and Amazon Web Services. Third party applications such as Microsoft CRM can also be integrated.
Landmark Legal Ruling
Network Automation, Inc. v. Advanced Systems Concepts, Inc. was a California court case decided in favor of Network Automation on March 8, 2011. The Ninth Circuit Court verdict protected the rights of companies to use strategic keywords in Internet search advertising.
The company was named to the 2009, 2011 and 2012 Inc. 5000 as one of the fastest growing software companies in the US.
- "Dustin Snell, Chief Executive Officer, Network Automation Inc.". Spoke. Retrieved 2011-11-07.
- "Names Founder CEO". Network Automation. Retrieved 2013-03-05.
- "HelpSystems Launches Mobile Initiatives, Acquires NAI for Workflow Automation". ITJungle.com. 2014-04-22. Retrieved 2015-03-06.
- "Processor Editorial Article - Automated Data Extraction & Reporting". Processor.com. 2009-12-04. Archived from the original on 2012-09-06. Retrieved 2011-11-07.
- "Automated response: Network Automation Upgrades AutoMate". Software Magazine. Retrieved 2015-04-03.
- "2012 Windows IT Pro Gold - Best Task Automation Product". Windowsitpro.com. Retrieved 2012-11-20.
- "2009 Windows IT Pro Editors' Best and Community Choice Awards - Best Task Automation Product". Windowsitpro.com. 2009-11-19. Retrieved 2011-11-07.
- "AutoMate - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com". Download.cnet.com. Retrieved 2011-11-07.
- "Products of the Week". Networkworld.com. 2009-11-09. Retrieved 2011-11-07.
- 11/01/2009. "The Redmond Reader's Choice Awards: It's a Grand Slam". Redmondmag.com. Retrieved 2011-11-07.
- "Inc. Magazine 5000". Inc. Retrieved 2012-11-20.