|Traded as||TSX: NLN|
|Headquarters||Plainview, New York, USA|
|Nancy Li, Executive Chair
Roy E. Reichbach, President and CEO
Michael Her, Chief Technology Officer
Christopher Wagner, EVP, Marketplace Strategy
Ronald Nunn, EVP, Operations
Tim Alavathil, Chief Financial Officer
Number of employees
|525 (July 2016)|
|Parent||William Morris Endeavor|
The company specializes in digital video broadcasting, distribution and monetization of live and on-demand content, to Internet-enabled devices.
- 2004: NeuLion was founded in as a privately held technology company.
- October 2008: NeuLion finalized a merger with Internet streaming company JumpTV combining technology and client partnerships in sports, international and variety programming.
- July 2009: JumpTV Inc. changed its name to NeuLion, Inc. and continued trading on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the new name and new symbol NLN.
- November 2009: NeuLion acquired Vancouver based webcasting company Interactive Netcasting Systems ("INSINC") which held among other properties, eight North American based hockey leagues.
- October 2010: the NeuLion closed an acquisition of TransVideo International. TransVideo is a Chinese-based IPTV technology provider and a manufacturer of set top boxes utilized by the company.
- February 2015: NeuLion acquired DivX, Inc., a digital video solutions provider and Kanaan Jemili, former DivX CEO became CEO of NeuLion.
- June 2016: NeuLion acquired Saffron Digital, a UK-based company building multi-platform digital video services for entertainment delivered over-the-top to internet connected devices. Roy Reichbach was promoted from General Counsel to President and CEO, replacing Kanaan Jemili.
- December 2017: NeuLion reached an agreement with an affiliate of Fortress Investment Group to sell certain DivX assets, IP and subsidiaries.
- February 2018: NeuLion closes transaction with an affiliate of Fortress Investment Group to sell certain DivX assets, intellectual property and subsidiaries for cash consideration of $41.5 million.
- March 2018: NeuLion entered into an agreement to be acquired by sports and entertainment leader Endeavor in an all-cash deal valued at approximately USD $250 million. Upon completion of the transaction, NeuLion will become a privately held subsidiary of Endeavor.
- May 2018: NeuLion announced the closing of its acquisition by sports and entertainment leader Endeavor.
NeuLion works with content owners and rights holders in the sports and entertainment industries and has approximately 525 employees worldwide.
NeuLion’s technology and services include multi-screen video delivery solutions, consumer electronics licensing, professional content tools and consumer software.
NeuLion Digital Platform: The NeuLion Digital Platform is an end-to-end video streaming platform providing licensed components from content ingestion, encoding and management to content security, monetization and monitoring, as well as app development across all major connected devices. The platform facilitates the streaming and distribution of premium sports and entertainment content. NeuLion Digital Platform customers include the NBA, NFL,, Univision, UFC, Big Ten Network,, English Football League, Sky Sports and others.
Consumer Electronics Licensing: The NeuLion CE SDK allows consumer electronics manufacturers to deploy devices that can support video streaming in up to 4K (at 4Kp60 through leveraging HEVC MPEG-DASH). The SDK is currently licensed by Samsung Electronics, Sony, LG Electronics, and others.
MainConcept Tools: Under its MainConcept brand, NeuLion provides professional content tools and technologies including Codecs, HEVC, Transcoding, and Mobile SDKs directly to customers in broadcast, video production, security, multimedia, and more.
Key Markets: Broadcasters, Operators, Sports Leagues and Teams, Sports Networks, Colleges and Conferences, Content Rights Holders, CE, Service Providers, Video Production, OTT Services and Consumers.
- NewBay Media Best of Show 2018 NAB: TV Technology (NeuLion Advanced Mobile Experience)
- IABM Broadcast & Media Awards: Consume Category Winner (NeuLion Advanced Mobile Experience) - 2018
- Sports Business Awards: Sports Tech of the Year Finalist (NeuLion Digital Platform) - 2018
- Broadcasting & Cable Digital All Stars: Chris Wagner, co-Founder & EVP Marketplace Strategy - 2018
- OTT Accolades: OTT Product of the Year (NeuLion Digital Platform) - 2018
- Sports Technology Awards: Best App Finalist (NBA League Pass Int'l) - 2018
- Cynopsis TV Awards: Best OTT Service Finalist (NBA League Pass Int'l) - 2018
- Cablefax Digital & Tech Awards: R&D Team of the Year Winner (NeuLion R&D Team for NFL Game Pass 2017/18) - 2018
- Cablefax Digital & Tech Awards: Best App for Smartphone Finalist (NBA League Pass Int'l) - 2018
- Apple Best of 2017: Best Apps: Culture & Entertainment: Stream Anytime, Anywhere (2017-18 NBA Int'l App) - 2017
- IABM Peter Wayne Award: Highly Commended Prize (NeuLion Digital Platform Virtual Announcer Feature) - 2017
- TV Sports Awards: Best Sports Project Finalist (NeuLion Digital Platform Virtual Announcer Feature) - 2017
- IABM Design & Innovation Awards: Playout & Delivery Winner (NeuLion Digital Platform Virtual Announcer Feature) - 2017
- Cynopsis Digital Awards: Best Video Discovery Service (NeuLion Personalization Services) - 2017
- Cynopsis Digital Awards: Best Live Streaming Platform (NeuLion Digital Platform) - 2017
- Cynopsis Digital Awards: Best New SVOD Service Finalist (Insight TV) - 2017
- Content Innovation Awards: UHD Initiative of the Year Finalist (Insight TV) - 2017
- CSI Awards: Best Internet TV Technology or Service Winner (NeuLion Digital Platform) - 2017
- Sports Technology Awards: Best Digital TV Product or Broadcast Innovation Winner (4K Live Streaming) - 2017
- Cynopsis Sports Media Awards: Best Mobile App Winner (BTN2Go) - 2017
- Cynopsis Sports Media Awards: Best Live Stream Presentation Finalist - 2017
- Cablefax Most Innovative People in Multiscreen: Michael Her, CTO - 2016
- Cablefax Technology Innovation Award: Tech Partnership (NeuLion + Tennis Channel) – 2016
- Cynopsis Sports Media Award: Best App - Affiliated (UFC.TV) – 2013
- Sports Business Journal Best in Sports Technology Nominee – 2013, 2010, 2009
- CES Mobile Apps Showdown Nominee (UFC.TV for Android) – 2012
- Streaming Media Best Online Video Company Nominee – 2010
- Streaming Media Best Mobile Video Platform Nominee – 2010
- Mobile Excellence Award Winner: Best Mobile Application for Entertainment (NHL Icetime) – 2010
- Streaming Media Reader’s Choice Finalist: Internet TV Set-Top Box – 2008, 2007
- "NeuLion and JumpTV Close Merger and 11 Million Private Placement". 2008-10-21.
- "JumpTV Inc (TSX:NLN) Announces New Name Change to NeuLion, Inc". 2009-03-14.
- "NeuLion Announces Close of Acquisition of Interactive Netcasting System Inc". 2009-11-02.
- "NeuLion Announces the Closing of Its Previously Announced Acquisition of Transvideo". 2010-10-01.
- "NeuLion Completes Acquisition of DivX". 2015-01-30.
- "Update - NeuLion Positioned for Next Stage of Growth". 2016-06-06.
- Inc., NeuLion,. "NeuLion, Inc. Enters Into Agreement to be Acquired by Endeavor". GlobeNewswire News Room. Retrieved 2018-04-19.
- Inc., NeuLion,. "NeuLion Announces Closing of Acquisition by Endeavor". GlobeNewswire News Room. Retrieved 2018-05-14.
- "How the NBA Finals are beamed across the globe without hiccups". 2015-06-16.
- "NeuLion Feeds Need for Football With NFL Preseason Live". 2012-08-21.
- "NeuLion powers Univision's new OTT service". 2016-01-08.
- "NeuLion, UFC Punch Up New Digital Deal". 2015-09-03.
- "Big Ten Network Explores Hybrid TV Everywhere in BTN2Go Redesign". 2014-10-09.
- "EFL Digital Taps Streaming Partners | Multichannel". www.multichannel.com. Retrieved 2017-08-17.
- "NeuLion to Power Sky Sports Box Office OTT Service | Multichannel". www.multichannel.com. Retrieved 2018-01-24.
- "Samsung Launches Brighter SUHD TVs, and a 4K Blu-ray Player". 2016-01-07.
- "Sony taps NeuLion for 4K live streaming". 2016-01-07.
- "LGE Renews License Agreement with NeuLion to Integrate DivX(R) HEVC 4K for Its Ultra HD TVs". 2015-04-12.
- "First North American Live Soccer Broadcast in 4K". 2016-02-15.
- "NBA's 4K Telecast: Spectacular Views from London". 2016-01-16.
- Br; Costa, on; Monday, Director of Digital; 14, November; Story, 2016-2:12 pm Print This. "UFC.TV Makes History With UFC 205 Streamed Globally in 4K at 60 fps". Sports Video Group. Retrieved 2017-08-17.
- "TV Technology Announces Recipients of Best of Show Awards for the 2018 NAB Show". TvTechnology. Retrieved 2018-04-19.
- "BAM Awards - NAB Show - IABM". IABM. Retrieved 2018-04-19.
- "Sports Business Awards - Finalists | Sports Business Awards". sportsbusinessawards.co.uk. Retrieved 2018-04-19.
- "Chris Wagner". Broadcasting & Cable. Retrieved 2018-04-19.
- "OTTA – OTT Executive Summit". ottexec.com. Retrieved 2018-04-19.
- "Sports Technology Awards Reveals 2018 Shortlist". Sports Technology Awards. Retrieved 2018-02-22.
- "2018 TV Awards - Cynopsis Media". Cynopsis Media. Retrieved 2018-02-22.
- "Cablefax Digital & Tech Awards Luncheon, March 6 in NYC!". Cablefax. Retrieved 2018-02-22.
- Inc., Apple. "Best of 2017 - App Store - Apple Developer". developer.apple.com. Retrieved 2018-02-22.
- "iabmannualconf". iabmannualconf. Retrieved 2018-02-22.
- "Vote | Tv Sports Awards". Tv Sports Awards. Retrieved 2018-02-22.
- "Awards - Design & Innovation Awards - IABM". IABM. Retrieved 2018-02-22.
- "2017 Cynopsis Model D Awards". Cynopsis Media. Retrieved 2018-02-22.
- "2017 Winners | Content Innovation Awards". tmt.knect365.com. Retrieved 2018-02-22.
- "CSI Awards". www.csimagazine.com. Retrieved 2018-02-22.
- "Winners". Sports Technology Awards. Retrieved 2018-02-22.
- "2017 Cynopsis Sports Media Awards - Results - Cynopsis Media". Cynopsis Media. Retrieved 2018-02-22.
- "2017 Cynopsis Sports Media Awards - Results - Cynopsis Media". Cynopsis Media. Retrieved 2018-02-22.
- "Most Innovative People in Multiscreen 2016 - Cablefax". Cablefax. Retrieved 2018-02-22.
- "2016 Cablefax Technology Innovation Awards Winners".
- "2013 Cynopsis Sports Media Awards Winners".
- "Nominees Named for the 2010 Sports Business Journal Awards".
- "CES 2012 Mobile Apps Showdown Nominee".
- "2010 Mobile Excellence Award Winners".
- "The 2007 Streaming Media Readers' Choice Awards Winner". 2007-10-19.