|Developer(s)||Nexa Center for Internet and Society, Simone Basso|
|Stable release||0.4.16.9 / October 30, 2013|
Neubot (the network neutrality bot) is a free software  Internet bot, developed and maintained by the Nexa Center for Internet and Society, that gathers network performance data useful to investigate network neutrality . Once installed on the user's computer, it runs in the background and periodically performs active transmission tests with servers hosted by the distributed Measurement Lab server platform (and, in future, with other instances of the software itself) . These transmission tests measure end-to-end network performance emulating different protocols (currently HTTP and BitTorrent) as well as transmitting and receiving "raw" data over TCP . Performance are measured at application level as well as at TCP level (using Web100 ). Measurements results are saved both locally (where a localhost-only web user interface allows users to browse them ) and on Measurement Lab servers. They are collected for research purposes  and automatically published on the web    under Creative Commons Zero allowing anyone to re-use them freely for the same purpose.
- https://github.com/neubot/neubot/blob/master/COPYING Neubot GPL license
- http://www.neubot.org/faq#why-the-network-neutrality-bot FAQ 1.4: 'Why "the network neutrality bot"?'
- http://www.neubot.org/faq#what-is-neubot FAQ 1.1: 'What is Neubot?'
- http://www.neubot.org/faq#what-tests-are-implemented-by-the-latest-version FAQ 1.7: What tests are implemented by the latest version?
- http://www.neubot.org/neubot-0.4.15.5 Neubot 0.4.15.5 announce mentioning the newly-added support for Web100
- http://www.neubot.org/faq#web-user-interface FAQ 7: Web User Interface
- http://www.neubot.org/data Neubot data repository
- http://www.measurementlab.net/data Measurement Lab data repository
- http://data.neubot.org/mlab_mirror/README Introduction to collected data
- Neubot home page
- Neubot github repository
- Basso, S., Servetti, A., & De Martin, J. C. (2011, June). The network neutrality bot architecture: a preliminary approach for self-monitoring of Internet access QoS. In Computers and Communications (ISCC), 2011 IEEE Symposium on (pp. 1131-1136). IEEE. http://www.neubot.org/neubotfiles/2011-iscc-paper.pdf
- De Martin, J. C., & Glorioso, A. (2008, June). The Neubot project: A collaborative approach to measuring internet neutrality. In Technology and Society, 2008. ISTAS 2008. IEEE International Symposium on (pp. 1-4). IEEE. http://www.neubot.org/neubotfiles/istas08-neubot-paper.pdf
- "Neubot e Nexa Per Un Web Piu` Democratico" (in Italian)
- "Ma la rete e' ancora neutrale? Possiamo misurarlo con Neubot" (in Italian)
- "Servizi ADSL sotto esame" (in Italian)