|Discipline||Neuroscience, quantum mechanics|
|Edited by||Sultan Tarlacı|
NeuroQuantology is a quarterly peer-reviewed interdisciplinary scientific journal that covers the intersection of neuroscience and quantum mechanics. It was established by Sultan Tarlacı in April 2003. It is abstracted and indexed in the Science Citation Index Expanded and according to the Journal Citation Reports, the journal has a 2013 impact factor of 0.439, ranking it 240th out of 251 journals in the category "Neuroscience".
The journal describes itself as focusing primarily on original reports of experimental and theoretical research. It also publishes literature reviews, methodological articles, empirical findings, book reviews, news, comments, letters, and abstracts.
The journal's founder and editor-in-chief, Sultan Tarlaci, gives his affiliation as "Dept of Neurology, Assoc. Prof. Editor-In-Chief NeuroQuantology, Turkey" but no affiliation to an academic institution is listed. According to ResearchGate, he is "independent", having previously been associated with Sifa University in Izmir, Turkey.
Sadri Hassani in the Skeptical Educator considers NeuroQuantology a "typical" pseudoscience journal, arguing that the "editors are pseudoscientists, the advisory board members are pseudoscientists, and the 'peers' who 'review' articles are pseudoscientists."
- J. McCrone (2003). "Quantum mind". The Lancet Neurology. 2 (7): 450. doi:10.1016/s1474-4422(03)00466-6. PMID 12849132.
- "Master Journal List". Intellectual Property & Science. Thomson Reuters. Retrieved 2014-07-02.
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Neuroscience". 2013 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2014.
- Editorial Board
- Sultan Tarlaci on ResearchGate
- Hassani, Sadri (December 22, 2015). "Peer-review: A New Signature of Quack Science — Part 3". Skeptical Educator. Retrieved December 20, 2015.
Not a single member of the Advisory and Editorial Board of NeuroQuantology has a background in neurology or quantum physics, the two main fields in which NeuroQuantology claims to publish!