Nevada Department of Public Safety
|Nevada Department of Public Safety|
|Annual budget||$507,687,637 (2019-2021)|
|Operations jurisdiction||Nevada, USA|
|Size||110,571.82 square miles (286,380 km2)|
|Population||3,060,150 (2018 est)|
|Governing body||Governor of Nevada|
|Headquarters||555 Wright Way Carson City, Nevada|
|Director of NV DPS responsible|
|Nevada DPS website|
The Director of the Nevada Department of Public Safety is appointed by the Governor of Nevada. must be confirmed by the Nevada Senate The director is assisted in managing the Department by one deputy director and several division directors.
The Department of Public Safety (DPS) is divided into eight Divisions and five Offices:
- Deputy Director
- Office of Criminal Justice Assistance
- Office of Professional Responsibility
- Office of Traffic Safety
- Office of Cyber Defense Coordination
- Office of Homeland Security
- "MISSION STATEMENT". Nevada Department of Public Safety. Retrieved 2007-06-27.
provides services in support of protecting our citizens and visitors by promoting safer communities through prevention, preparedness, response, recovery, education and enforcement
- "Contact Information". Nevada Department of Public Safety. Accessed October 26, 2008.