Nevada State Route 373
|Death Valley Junction Road|
|Maintained by NDOT|
|Length||16.304 mi (26.239 km)|
|South end||SR 127 at California state line|
|North end||US 95 in Amargosa Valley|
State Route 373 (SR 373) is a 16.304-mile (26.239 km) state highway in Nye County, Nevada, United States. It is a highway connecting California State Route 127 to U.S. Route 95, providing southern Nye County access to the eastern areas of Death Valley National Park.
State Route 373 begins at the California state line, approximately 8 miles (13 km) north of the town of Death Valley Junction, California on California SR 127. The highway heads almost due north from this location, passing through the Amargosa Valley. On the west side of the highway, the farm lands and homes of the community of Amargosa Valley come into view. The route continues north from here to its terminus at US 95, near the former site of Lathrop Wells.
An unimproved road through Amargosa Valley, connecting Nevada to Death Valley Junction, appears on state maps as early as 1927. This route crossed the state line roughly where the current highway crosses now, but instead veered northwest to State Route 5 (now US 95) southwest of Beatty near the now defunct town of Caracca. The road, which paralleled the tracks of the Tonopah and Tidewater Railroad to the west, was recognized as State Route 29 by 1932. By 1935, SR 29 had been moved to a new, paved roadway resembling the alignment of the present-day highway.
SR 29 remained unchanged for several years, until July 1, 1976. At that time, it was rechristened as State Route 373 as part of the 1976 renumbering of Nevada's state highways. State highway maps first reflected this change in 1978.
The entire route is in Nye County.
|||0.00||0.00||SR 127 – Death Valley Junction||Continuation beyond California state line|
|Amargosa Valley||16.30||26.23||US 95 – Las Vegas, Beatty|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi|
- Nevada Department of Transportation (January 2017). "State Maintained Highways of Nevada: Descriptions and Maps". Retrieved April 12, 2017.
- Official Highway Map of Nevada (Map) (2007–08 ed.). Nevada Department of Transportation. 2007. § F4.
- Highway Map of the State of Nevada (Map). Nevada Department of Highways. 1927. Retrieved 2009-01-14.
- State of Nevada Department of Highways Road Map (Map). Nevada Department of Highways. 1932. Retrieved 2009-01-14.
- Official Road Map of Nevada (Map). Nevada Department of Highways. 1935. Retrieved 2009-01-14.
- Nevada State Maintained Highways: Descriptions, Index and Maps. Nevada Department of Transportation. January 2001. p. 112.
- Official Highway Map of Nevada (Map) (1978-79 ed.). Nevada Department of Highways. 1978. § F4. Retrieved 2009-01-14.
- "Maps of Milepost Location on Nevada's Federal and State Highway System by County" (PDF). Nevada Department of Transportation. May 2008. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-01-04. Retrieved 2009-01-14.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nevada State Route 373.|