Nevada State Route 525
|College Parkway & Airport Road|
|Length:||1.323 mi (2.129 km)|
|Existed:||1976 – 2011|
|West end:||SR 531 in Carson City|
|East end:||US 50 in Carson City|
State Route 525 (SR 525) was a short state highway in Carson City, Nevada. It covered a portion of College Parkway and all of Airport Road in the northern part of the city. Originally designated in 1976, it was turned over to local control in 2011.
The route began at the intersection of Lompa Lane and College Parkway, the latter of which SR 525 followed eastward. The four-lane state highway was bordered by houses on the south and the Carson City Airport on the north. After traveling about 0.3 miles (0.48 km), College Parkway intersected Airport Road. The state route turned south onto the two-lane Airport Road here. Airport Road headed south through residential neighborhoods for approximately one mile (1.6 km) before intersecting U.S. Route 50, where State Route 525 ended.
A proposal considered by Carson City and the Nevada Department of Transportation in 2009 laid the groundwork to remove SR 525 from the state's highway system. The plan proposed to relinquish some state roadways to the control of the city, with Airport Road and College Parkway both being considered. In exchange for taking ownership of the routes, the transportation department would reduce the city's financial contribution towards construction of the Carson City Freeway by $5 million. Both the College Parkway and Airport Drive sections of SR 525 were turned over to Carson City on July 11, 2011, eliminating the designation from the state highway system.
This table shows major intersections at the time SR 525 was removed from the state highway system. The entire route was in Carson City.
|3.09||4.97||US 50 (E. William Street)|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
Route map: Google
- "State Maintained Highways of Nevada: Descriptions and Maps – Quarter 2 Update". Nevada Department of Transportation. July 2011. Retrieved 12 Oct 2011.
- Google (20 March 2010). "Overview of SR 525" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 20 March 2010.
- Nevada State Maintained Highways: Descriptions, Index and Maps. Nevada Department of Transportation. January 2001.
- Nevada State Maintained Highways: Descriptions, Index and Maps. Nevada Department of Transportation. January 2006.
- Frank, Dave (10 March 2009). "Deal with state could trim $5 million from Carson's bypass tab". Nevada Appeal. Swift Communications. Retrieved 21 March 2010.
- "State Maintained Highways of Nevada: Descriptions and Maps – Quarter 3 Update". Nevada Department of Transportation. October 2011. Retrieved 12 Oct 2011.