Nevada State Route 118
State Route 118 highlighted in red.
|Maintained by NDOT|
|Length:||3.475 mi (5.592 km)|
|Existed:||1976 – present|
|History:||SR 62 by 1948; Became SR 118 in 1976|
|West end:||SR 115 in Fallon|
|East end:||Wildes Road north of NAS Fallon|
State Route 118 (SR 118) is a state highway in Churchill County, Nevada. It serves the southeast portion of Fallon near northern edge of Naval Air Station Fallon. Prior to 1976, the route was designated as State Route 62.
State Route 118 has its western terminus at the intersection of Harrigan Road and Wildes Road, near the southeastern city limits of Fallon. From there, the route heads east along Wildes Road, through predominantly agricultural areas. The route curves southeastward, and turns east again after its intersection with Pasture Road. At this point, the highway follows the northern perimeter of Naval Air Station Fallon. SR 118 reaches it eastern terminus about 1.4 miles (2.3 km) east of the Pasture Road intersection, although Wildes Road continues eastward to a junction with U.S. Route 50 (US 50).
Wildes Road appears on maps dating back to at least 1937. State Route 62 first appeared on state highway maps in 1948, and was defined in state law (as of 1951) as "Beginning...approximately one mile south of Fallon, thence easterly one mile; thence southeasterly approximately two miles." SR 62 was shown following Wildes Road as the current route does today by 1957.
At one point, the route may have been part of an alignment of US 50.
The entire route is in Churchill County.
|Fallon||SR 115 (Harrigan Road)||Western terminus|
|||Wildes Road||Continuation beyond eastern terminus|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
Route map: Google
- Nevada Department of Transportation (January 2017). "State Maintained Highways of Nevada: Descriptions and Maps". Retrieved 7 May 2017.
- Google (February 21, 2016). "Overview of SR 118" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved February 21, 2016.
- General Highway Map: Churchill County, Nevada (PDF) (Map). Nevada Department of Highways. 1937. Retrieved February 21, 2016.
- Official Highway Map of Nevada (Map). Nevada Department of Highways. 1948. § D2. Retrieved February 21, 2016.
- H.D. Mills (1951). State of Nevada Laws Relating to Highways and State Parks. Carson City, Nevada: State Printing Office. p. 15.
- General Highway Map: Churchill County (PDF) (Map). Nevada Department of Highways. 1957. Retrieved February 21, 2016.
- Nevada's State Maintained Highways: Descriptions, Index and Maps. Nevada Department of Transportation. January 2001.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nevada State Route 118.|