Nevada Wing Civil Air Patrol
The Nevada Wing of the Civil Air Patrol, the United States Air Force Auxiliary
|United States Air Force|
|Commander||Lt Col Carol L. Lynn|
|Vice Commander||Lt Col Deborah Pierce|
|Chief of Staff||Lt Col Shyle Irigoin|
|Statistics as of 2014|
The Nevada Wing of the Civil Air Patrol (CAP) is the highest echelon of Civil Air Patrol in the state of Nevada. Nevada Wing headquarters are located in Sparks, Nevada. The Nevada Wing consists of nearly 800 cadet and adult members at over locations across the state of Nevada.
The Civil Air Patrol executes its three primary missions: providing emergency services; offering cadet programs for youth; and providing aerospace education for Civil Air Patrol members and the general public.
The Civil Air Patrol performs emergency services missions, including search and rescue and disaster relief missions. CAP also provides aid during humanitarian aid assignments. The Civil Air Patrol offers Air Force support through the conducting of light transport, communications support, and low-altitude route surveys. The Civil Air Patrol also offers support to counter-drug missions.
The Civil Air Patrol runs a cadet program for youth aged 12 to 21, which covers several topics, including aerospace education, leadership training, physical fitness and moral leadership. Cadets meet on average 2 hours per week and one Saturday per month, and have opportunities to attend leadership encampments, career academies, and other activities during the summer.
The Civil Air Patrol offers aerospace education for Civil Air Patrol members and the public. The Civil Air Patrol provides training to the members of CAP, and by offering workshops for youth throughout the nation via schools and public aviation events.
|NV050||Blackhawk Composite Squadron||South Lake Tahoe|
|NV031||Clark County Composite Squadron||Nellis Air Force Base|
|NV067||Douglas County Composite Squadron||Minden|
|NV029||Elko Composite Squadron||Elko|
|NV065||Henderson Composite Squadron||Henderson|
|NV068||Humboldt County Composite Squadron||Winnemucca|
|NV802||Jack Lund Schofield Middle School Cadet Squadron||Las Vegas|
|NV801||Jim Bridger Middle School Cadet Squadron||North Las Vegas|
|NV070||Las Vegas Composite Squadron||Las Vegas|
|NV060||Lyon County Composite Squadron||Lyon County|
|NV069||Nellis Composite Squadron||Las Vegas|
|NV064||Nellis Senior Squadron||Las Vegas|
|NV051||Pahrump Composite Squadron||Pahrump|
|NV054||Reno Composite Squadron||Sparks|
|NV027||Tahoe Truckee Composite Squadron||Truckee|
In popular culture
The Nevada Wing is featured prominently in the Dale Brown novel A Time For Patriots.
- "eServices, National Headquarters". Civil Air Patrol., login required
- "Contact Us". Nevada Wing Civil Air Patrol Official Website. Retrieved 21 November 2015.
- "2014 Statistics" (PDF). Capmembers.com. Retrieved 20 November 2015.
- "Civil Air Patrol". Civil Air Patrol Official Website. Retrieved 21 November 2015.
- "Emergency Services". Civil Air Patrol Official Website. Archived from the original on 9 November 2015. Retrieved 21 November 2015.
- "Cadet Programs". Civil Air Patrol Official Website. Archived from the original on 3 December 2015. Retrieved 21 November 2015.
- "Cadet Programs". Nevada Wing Civil Air Patrol Official Website. Retrieved 21 November 2015.
- "Aerospace Education". Civil Air Patrol Official Website. Retrieved 21 November 2015.
- "Squadrons". Nevada Wing Civil Air Patrol Official Website. Retrieved 21 November 2015.
- "Civil Air Patrol Unit Directory" (PDF). Gocivilairpatrol.com. Archived from the original (PDF) on 7 August 2015. Retrieved 21 November 2015.