Never Grow Old (film)
This article is missing information about the film's plot, and reception.October 2019)(
|Never Grow Old|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Ivan Kavanagh|
|Written by||Ivan Kavanagh|
|Music by||Aza Hand Will Slattery Gast Waltzing|
|Edited by||Dermot Diskin|
|Distributed by||Saban Films|
It was released on March 15, 2019, by Saban Films.
- Emile Hirsch as Patrick Tate
- Deborah Francois as Audrey Tate
- John Cusack as Dutch Albert
- Danny Webb as Preacher Pike
- Tim Ahern as Sheriff Parker
- Sam Louwyck as Dumb-Dumb
- Camille Pistone as Sicily
- Antonia Campbell-Hughes as Maria Pike
- Paul Reid as Ed
- Blake Berris as Fred
- Anne Coesens as Mrs. Crabtree
- Paul Ronan as Bill Crabtree
In December 2017, it was announced Emile Hirsch, John Cusack, Deborah Francois, Antonia Campbell-Hughes, Paul Ronan, Danny Webb had joined the cast of the film, with Ivan Kavanagh directing from a screenplay he wrote. In an interview published on Cineuropa prior to its US release, Ivan Kavanagh told Davide Abbatescianni that his main inspiration when writing were ”the frontier photographs from the 1850s onwards. The hardship on the people’s faces was startlingly apparent, and when you listen to the hymns they sang at the time, they are about hardship, the misery of life, and how life will be better on the other side, in Heaven. It is a very sobering and moving view of the founding of America, and of the immigrant experience. I tried to get some of that into the film, as well as paying homage to the westerns I loved as a child.”
- Wiseman, Andreas (December 7, 2017). "John Cusack joins Irish western 'Never Grow Old' (exclusive)". Screen International. Retrieved March 14, 2019.
- Abbatescianni, Davide (March 15, 2019). "Ivan Kavanagh • Director of Never Grow Old". Cineuropa. Retrieved April 16, 2019.
- Mitchell, Robert (February 16, 2018). "Saban Films Saddles Up for Western 'Never Grow Old' in North America (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved March 14, 2019.
- Billington, Alex (February 22, 2019). "Emile Hirsch & John Cusack in Trailer for Western 'Never Grow Old'". First Showing. Retrieved March 14, 2019.