Never Let Me Go (Johnny Ace song)
|"Never Let Me Go"|
|Single by Johnny Ace|
|from the album Memorial|
|B-side||"Burley Cutie" (Instrumental)|
|Format||Vinyl 10", 78 RPM|
|Producer(s)||Johnny Board, Johnny Otis|
"Never Let Me Go" is a blues ballad song by American R&B/blues singer Johnny Ace, written by Joseph Scott and released in 1954 under Duke Records. The song is featured on the albums My Songs and Memorial "Never Let Me Go" was one of his eighth consecutive top ten R&B hits in a row, including "My Song", "Cross My Heart," "Please Forgive Me," "The Clock," "Pledging My Love," "Saving My Love for You," and "Anymore". The song was R&B hit and peaked to No. 9 in October 1954 on Billboards Rhythm & Blues Records chart.
US Vinyl, 10", 78 RPM Single (1954)
- A1 "Never Let Me Go" - 2:48
- B1 "Burley Cutie" - 2:35
- Aretha Franklin recorded a cover of the song on her 1967 album Aretha Arrives.
- R&B singer Luther Vandross recorded a cover of the song for his 1993 album Never Let Me Go.
Australian Jazz Trumpeter/Singer Vince Jones recorded a cover on his 1984 album For All Colours
|US Billboard Rhythm & Blues Records||9|
|US Billboard Hot R&B Singles||31|
- Allmusic - Johnny Ace-"Memorial Album (10")"
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). Top R&B/Hip-Hop Singles: 1942-2004. Record Research. p. 7.
- Johnny Ace-"Never Let Me Go" Vinyl 10" RPM - 1954, (Single).discogs.com
- Luther Vandross - Singles Chart history.Billboard.com
- Vandross - UK Singles Chart history. Chart Archive