Never Never Never
|Never Never Never|
|Studio album by Shirley Bassey|
|Shirley Bassey chronology|
Never Never Never is a 1973 album by Shirley Bassey. Released in May 1973, this album saw a peak in the Shirley Bassey career revival that she was experiencing during the early 1970s. The album's lead single, the title track had been a hit, reaching No. 8 in the UK Charts and remaining in the top 50 for 19 weeks, becoming one of her biggest and most well-known hits, and her only single to make three US charts: No. 48 on the Billboard Hot 100, No. 8 on the Adult Contemporary Chart, and No. 67 on the R&B Chart. The album soon followed and similarly entered the top 10, peaking at No. 10 during a 10-week run, and would go on to earn a silver disc. The album also was a hit in the US, peaking at No. 60 on the Billboard 200 amid positive reviews; it also hit No. 34 on the R&B Chart.
The original release was in stereo on vinyl (with a gatefold sleeve), and cassette. Photography for this album was by Lord Snowdon. The album was released in remastered form by BGO Records in a double CD pack, together with her 1975 album Good, Bad but Beautiful in 2005.
- "Never, Never, Never" (Tony Renis, Alberto Testa, Norman Newell)
- "Baby I'm-a Want You" (David Gates)
- "Someone Who Cares" (Alex Harvey)
- "The Old Fashioned Way" (Georges Garvarentz, Al Kasha, Charles Aznavour, Joel Hirschorn)
- "I Won't Last a Day Without You" (Paul Williams, Roger Nichols)
- "Somehow" (Larry Grossman, Hal Hackady)
- "There's No Such Thing as Love" (Ian Fraser, Anthony Newley, George Hackney)
- "Killing Me Softly with His Song" (Norman Gimbel, Charles Fox)
- "Going, Going, Gone" (John Barry, Alan Jay Lerner)
- "No Regrets" (Tom Rush)
- "Together" (Graham Gouldman)
- "Make The World a Little Younger" (Terry Howell, Karen O'Hara, Denny McReynolds)
- Shirley Bassey – Vocals
- John Harris – Musical Director, Arranger and Conductor
- Arthur Greenslade - Arranger and Conductor
- Chris Gunning - Arranger and Conductor
- John Timperley, Martin Rushent, Roger Cameron - engineers
- Lord Snowdon - photography
- Pierre Tubbs - art direction
- "Shirley Bassey on officialcharts.com". Retrieved 2016-05-29.
- John Bush (1937-01-08). "Shirley Bassey | Awards". AllMusic. Retrieved 2014-05-15.
- BPI Certifications (manual search)
- "The Songs Of Shirley Bassey". Home.arcor.de. 2004-05-06. Retrieved 2014-05-15.
- Christopher, James (2005-12-06). "Never Never Never/Good, Bad But Beautiful - Shirley Bassey". AllMusic. Retrieved 2011-08-15.
- "Never Never Never/Good, Bad But Beautiful: Information from". Answers.com. 2005-12-06. Retrieved 2014-05-15.