Never Too Young
|Never Too Young|
|Written by||David Robert Kanter|
|Directed by||Bruce Minnix|
|Narrated by||Roger Christian|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||192|
|Executive producer(s)||Larry Cohen|
|Running time||22–25 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Conson Studios, Inc.|
|Original release||September 27, 1965 –|
June 24, 1966
The series, which featured Tony Dow of Leave it to Beaver and Tommy Rettig of Lassie fame, was set in Malibu, California. Never Too Young chronicled the lives of a group of teens and their parents. Stories were told from the point of view of Alfy (David Watson), the owner of the local beach hangout, "The High Dive".
The series featured several musical guests who performed at The High Dive, including: The Castaways, The Sunrays, Marvin Gaye, Johnny Rivers, Paul Revere & the Raiders, Mel Carter, Freddie Cannon, Ramsey Lewis Trio and The Girls.
- Merry Anders.....Aunt Alice
- Michael Blodgett.....Tad
- Jan Clayton......Mrs. Porter
- Pat Connelly.....Barbara
- Tony Dow.....Chet
- Joy Harmon.....Chet's girlfriend
- Robin Grace......Joy
- John Lupton.....Frank
- Dack Rambo.....Tim
- Tommy Rettig......Jo Jo
- Carol Sydes.....Susan
- David Watson.....Alfy
- Patrice Wymore.....Rhoda
- Terrace, Vincent (2007). Encyclopedia of Television Subjects, Themes and Settings. McFarland & Co. p. 276. ISBN 0-7864-2498-2.
- "Never Too Young on ABC". TV Guide. Retrieved 2008-10-15.
- Spigel, Lynn; Mann, Denise (1992). Private Screenings: Television and the Female Consumer. U of Minnesota Press. p. 265. ISBN 0-8166-2053-9.
- Terrace, Vincent (1979). The Complete Encyclopedia of Television Programs, 1947-1979: 1947-1979. A. S. Barnes. p. 711.
|This article relating to a drama television series in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|