Never Wanted Nothing More
|"Never Wanted Nothing More"|
|Single by Kenny Chesney|
|from the album Just Who I Am: Poets & Pirates|
|Released||June 12, 2007|
|Kenny Chesney singles chronology|
"Never Wanted Nothing More" is a song written by Ronnie Bowman and Chris Stapleton, and recorded by American country music artist Kenny Chesney. It was released in June 2007 as the lead-off single to his album Just Who I Am: Poets & Pirates. To date, it is his fastest-climbing number one single, reaching the top of the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs charts on its eighth chart week.
On the Billboard chart dated for the week of June 16, 2007, "Never Wanted Nothing More" debuted at number 37, due to airplay received before its official release. (The song received airplay 56 hours before its official release date.) The next chart week, it moved up from number 37 to number 17, and reached number one in its eighth chart week.
The song is a moderate up-tempo, accompanied by acoustic guitar and banjo. It features the narrator's recollections of the major highlights of his life, such as buying his first car, losing his virginity, getting married, and finding the Lord. With each recollection, he states that he "never wanted nothing more" than to do what he has done.
Kevin John Coyne of Country Universe gave the song a "B+" and said that it is a "surprisingly twangy single, all plucky banjos and the like" and that it was a "promising first look at what will certainly be one of the year’s biggest albums."
The song debuted at number 37 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs charts for the week of June 16, 2007.
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||1|
|US Billboard Hot 100||22|
|US Billboard Pop 100||34|
|Canada (Canadian Hot 100)||49|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||3|
- "Kenny Chesney plans to release new single from forthcoming CD" (html). CountryStandardTime.com. Retrieved 2007-07-26.
- "Kenny Chesney sets record with "Never Wanted Nothing More"" (html). CountryStandardTime.com. Retrieved 2007-07-26.
- Coyne, Kevin John (2007-06-02). "Kenny Chesney - "Never Wanted Nothing More"". Country Universe. Retrieved 2010-06-17.
- "Kenny Chesney – Chart history" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Kenny Chesney.
- "Kenny Chesney – Chart history" Billboard Hot 100 for Kenny Chesney.
- "Kenny Chesney – Chart history" Canadian Hot 100 for Kenny Chesney.
- "Best of 2007: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2007. Retrieved December 13, 2007.
"Lost In This Moment"
by Big & Rich
|Billboard Hot Country Songs
August 4—September 1, 2007
"These Are My People"
by Rodney Atkins