|Born||4 June 1945|
|Australian Touring Car Championship|
|Teams||JPS Team BMW (1985)
Volvo Dealer Team (1986)
Holden Dealer Team (1987)
Dick Johnson Racing (1987-88)
Tony Longhurst Racing (1989-90)
|Best finish||4th in 1985|
Neville Crichton, CNZM, is a New Zealand businessman who was also a competitor in Australasian motor and yacht racing.
Born in New Zealand in 1945, Crichton left school aged 14 and entered the automotive industry. In 1972 opened a used car dealership.
In 1978, at the age of 29, he was diagnosed with throat cancer. Crichton underwent 30 operations and eventually had his voice-box and oesophagus removed. Doctors told him it was unlikely he would ever speak again, but he became one of the first people in the world to receive an artificial voice box during experimental surgery in Indianapolis. This would lead to his nickname of "Croaky".
In the early-1980s Crichton immigrated to Australia founding the Ateco Group that imports Alfa Romeo, Chery, Citroen, Ferrari, Foton, Great Wall Lotus, Maserati and SsangYong cars into Australia and New Zealand.
In the 1980s, Crichton was a regular competitor in Australian touring car racing. As well as racing full-time in the Australian Touring Car Championship driving a JPS Team BMW 635CSi in 1985 and a Tony Longhurst Racing Ford Sierra RS500 in 1989, Crichton competed at the Bathurst 1000 in 1986 for the Volvo Dealer Team, 1987 and 1988 for Dick Johnson Racing and at the 1987 Spa 24 Hour for the Holden Dealer Team.
Crichton also had a distinguished yachting career, having owned oceangoing yachts Alfa Romeo I, Alfa Romeo II and Alfa Romeo III. Crichton skipped the line honours winning yachts in the 2002 and 2009 Sydney to Hobart Yacht Races.
- Queen's Birthday Honours 2012: Neville Crichton New Zealand Herald 4 June 2012
- Home Ateco Automotive
- Normoyle, Steve (1986). The Great Race 5. Hornsby: Chevron Publishing. ISSN 1031-6124.
- Normoyle, Steve (1990). The Great Race 9. Hornsby: Chevron Publishing. ISSN 1031-6124.
- Normoyle, Steve (1987). The Great Race 6. Hornsby: Chevron Publishing. ISSN 1031-6124.
- Normoyle, Steve (1988). The Great Race 7. Hornsby: Chevron Publishing. ISSN 1031-6124.
- Normoyle, Steve (1989). The Great Race 8. Hornsby: Chevron Publishing. ISSN 1031-6124.
- No Race Record but Crichton still delighted Sydney to Hobart 28 December 2002
- Jubilant Crichton glad its all over Sydney to Hobart 29 December 2009