|Born||1995/1996 (age 22–23)|
|Education||King David School|
|Occupation||Writer • activist|
|Known for||Transgender advocacy|
Assigned female at birth, Zisin initially came out as a lesbian at the age of 15. They became a queer activist, and appeared in a documentary about gay teens, Love in Full Colour. Zisin struggled with anxiety and depression while striving to fit in at school.
At the age of 17, Zisin began transitioning to male. The teachers at Zisin's private Jewish school were supportive of the transition. Zisin started testosterone therapy in January 2014 during a gap year trip to Israel. Later, they came to identify as non-binary, and prefer gender-neutral singular they pronouns.
Zisin was featured in a teaching guide produced by Safe Schools Coalition Australia. They were targeted for this by the Australian Christian Lobby, and falsely accused of promoting sex reassignment surgery for minors without parental consent.
In May 2017, Zisin published a book about their gender transition and other life experiences, Finding Nevo: How I Confused Everyone. The Canberra Times described the book as "impactful" and "an enriching, worthwhile read for everyone". The Brisbane Times said that the book "leaves the reader with a deeper understanding of the arbitrariness of binary gender divisions and how they box us all in."
- Atkinson, Jordy (April 26, 2017). "Caulfield's Nevo Zisin publishes gender identity book Finding Nevo: How I Confused Everyone". Herald Sun. Retrieved May 31, 2017.
- Cook, Henrietta (September 17, 2015). "Transgender students: the struggle to fit in at school". The Age. Retrieved May 31, 2017.
- Wade, Matthew (May 26, 2017). "The young non-binary activist changing attitudes in Australia". Star Observer. Retrieved May 31, 2017.
- Zisin, Nevo (November 30, 2016). "'I was not born a girl': Why we need to change transgender language". SBS. Retrieved May 31, 2017.
- Smith, Amanda; Mackenzie, Michael (May 6, 2015). "Losing a daughter, gaining a son: Sharon and Nevo's transition story". Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Retrieved May 31, 2017.
- Tuohy, Wendy (May 26, 2017). "Young Melbourne transgender writer Nevo Zisin offers hope to those struggling with identity". Herald Sun. Retrieved May 31, 2017.
- Zisin, Nevo (May 7, 2017). "Nevo Zisin: After transitioning 'I felt taken more seriously by men'". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved May 31, 2017.
- Sainty, Lane (May 6, 2017). "This Non-Binary Writer Is Sick Of Those "Girl Became A Boy!" Stories". Buzzfeed. Retrieved May 31, 2017.
- Morris, Linda (April 25, 2017). "Nevo Zisin: 'I look in the mirror and see I'm neither male or female'". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved May 31, 2017.
- Hardy, Karen (May 26, 2017). "What's on in the Canberra arts scene, May 27, 2017". The Canberra Times. Retrieved May 31, 2017.
- Capp, Fiona (May 19, 2017). "Finding Nevo review: Moving memoir of gender dysphoria and divisions". Brisbane Times. Retrieved May 31, 2017.