|Original author(s)||Donovan Preston|
|Initial release||May 6, 2004|
0.14.4 / June 14, 2018
|Type||Web application framework|
Nevow (pronounced like the French nouveau) is a Python web application framework originally developed by the company Divmod. Template substitution is achieved via a small Tag Attribute Language, which is usually embedded in on-disk XML templates, though there is also a pure-Python domain-specific language called Stan, for expressing this markup programmatically. Nevow integrates well with Twisted, a framework for event-driven programming.
As of mid-2010, Divmod went out of business, causing development work on Nevow to all but cease, and in 2011 its homepage was no longer accessible. There's a project on Launchpad, hosting the source code of Divmod including the source code of the Nevow project.
- this 2004 paper by Donovan Preston, the original author of Nevow and Formless Archive index at the Wayback Machine
- Nevow: A Web Application Construction Kit, Donovan Preston
- Subject: Re: ANN: Twisted 1.1.0, the framework of *your* internet, From: Donovan Preston, Date: 2003-10-27, Newsgroups: gmane.comp.python.twisted, nevow was originally a research project -- a weekend's worth of hacking whose benefits turned out to be so great that we decided to focus on bringing it up to a usable state for Quotient as soon as possible. And that's where it is now.
- "Releases · twisted/nevow". Retrieved 2020-11-04.
- Running Nevow on top of PyPy, June 20, 2008, PyPy Status Blog
- PythonWebsitePyramidDocs, Pyramid is the internal website templating system used to build the python.org pages. (It is not connected to the Pyramid web framework, formerly named BFG, that's used with Pylons.) Pyramid uses Nevow as its templating system and YAML as the format for its file based data - PythonInfo Wiki, python.org
- Goodbye, Divmod. Hello, World!, July 10, 2009, Deciphering Glyph
- Divmod Nevow commits Archived 2012-10-15 at the Wayback Machine on Ohloh
- Divmod Archived August 13, 2006, at the Wayback Machine
- Divmod on Launchpad
- History, Nevow Athena from Scratch, or The Evolution of a Chat Application — Divmod Nevow vtrunk documentation