New Alsace is an unincorporated community in Kelso Township, Dearborn County, Indiana.
New Alsace was laid out in 1838. It was named after Alsace, in France.
A post office was established at New Alsace in 1845, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1904.
New Alsace is located at 39°14′02″N 85°00′11″W / 39.23389°N 85.00306°W.
- ^ "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ "New Alsace, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-17.
- ^ Shaw, Archibald (1915). History of Dearborn County, Indiana: Her People, Industries and Institutions. Indianapolis: B. F. Bowen and Company, Inc. p. 181.
- ^ Baker, Ronald L. (October 1995). From Needmore to Prosperity: Hoosier Place Names in Folklore and History. Indiana University Press. p. 234. ISBN 978-0-253-32866-3.
...for the region and former province in France.
- ^ "Dearborn County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 31 August 2014.