New Democracy Electoral Union
|Chairman||Quintino de Moreira|
|Founded||November 2006 (registered 2008)|
New Democracy Electoral Union (Portuguese: Nova Democracia União Eleitoral) is a political coalition in Angola, founded November 18, 2006. The coalition was registered by the Supreme Court in June 2008, ahead of the September 2008 legislative election. Most of the constituents of the coalition had previously been affiliated to another coalition, Partidos da Opocição Civil. Quintino de Moreira is the president of the coalition. He is also the president of the MPDA.
Members of New Democracy Electoral Union:
- Movement for the Democracy of Angola (MPDA)
- Independent Social Party of Angola (PSIA)
- National Union for Democracy (UND)
- Liberal Socialist Party (PSL)
- Angolan Union for Peace, Democracy and Development (UAPDD)
- Independent National Alliance of Angola (ANIA)
The coalition received 1.20% of the vote in the 2008 election, winning two out of 220 seats.
|This article about an Angolan political party is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|