|Studio album by The Three Degrees|
|Genre||R&B, Pop music, Disco|
|The Three Degrees chronology|
- This article is about the Three Degrees album. For the UK fire service, see New Dimension programme. For the EP and song by Zion I, see New Dimensions EP. New Dimensions is also the title of a series of sf anthologies edited by Robert Silverberg.
New Dimensions is a studio album by the American vocal trio The Three Degrees. Released in 1978, the album was produced by Giorgio Moroder and yielded three UK Top 20 hit singles, "Giving Up, Giving In" (UK #12), "Woman In Love" (UK #3), and "The Runner" (UK #10). The album peaked at #34 in the UK Album Chart in early 1979.
The rights to the Ariola Records back catalogue are now held by Sony BMG Music Entertainment. New Dimensions has been released on compact disc in Japan in 2008, and was released on compact disc in the UK in 2010 by BBR Records with seven bonus tracks.
- "Giving Up, Giving In" (Giorgio Moroder, Pete Belotte) - 6:07
- "Falling in Love Again" (Giorgio Moroder, Pete Belotte) - 5:34
- "Looking for Love" (Giorgio Moroder, Pete Belotte) - 5:26
- "The Runner" (Sheila Ferguson, Giorgio Moroder) - 6:18
- "Woman in Love" (Dominic Bugatti, Frank Musker) - 5:16
- "Magic in the Air" (Giorgio Moroder, Pete Belotte) - 5:45
Compact disc re-issue 2010 (UK)
7. "Giving Up Giving In" (7" Single version)
8. "Woman in Love" (7" Single version)
9. "The Runner" (7" Single version)
10. "Falling in Love Again" (7" Single version)
11. "Out of Love Again" (Giorgio Moroder, Pete Belotte) (B-side)
12. "The Golden Lady" (George Garvarantz, Sheila Ferguson) (OST album version from The Golden Lady)
13. "The Runner" (12" Extra Long Version)
- Sheila Ferguson - vocals
- Valerie Holiday - vocals
- Helen Scott - vocals
- Giorgio Moroder - producer
- Robin Branchflower, Georges Garvarentz, Del Newman - producers on CD re-issue, track 12 "The Golden Lady"
- Greg Mathieson - arranger
- Jürgen Koppers - engineer
- Bill Smith - artwork
- Gered Mankowitz - photography
- Side A recorded at Essex Studios, London. Mixed at Musicland Studios, Munich.
- Side B recorded & mixed at Westlake & Larrebee Studio, Los Angeles.