New England Institute of Technology
This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Main building in East Greenwich
|President||Richard I. Gouse|
|133 full-time, 212 part-time (2015)|
|Address||1 New England Tech Boulevard, East Greenwich, Rhode Island|
New England Institute of Technology, commonly referred to as New England Tech or NEIT, is a private, accredited, non-profit Rhode Island university offering Associate, Bachelor’s, Master's, and Online degrees in over 55 programs. Established in 1940, it operates on a four-quarter per year program at ten weeks per quarter. This allows one to obtain an associate degree in one and one half years or a bachelor's degree in three years.
New England Tech's main campus is in East Greenwich, with two smaller campuses located in Warwick.
East Greenwich Campus
The East Greenwich Campus is the main campus for all administrative and student support services. The campus's centerpiece is a newly renovated 265,000 square foot facility dedicated to classrooms, technical labs, medical suites for training simulations, and administrative services. The interior features technical labs and an open atrium with multi-tiered waterfall.
Julian B. Gouse Campus
The Julian B. Gouse Campus is a 57,000 square foot facility containing classroom and laboratory space located at 2500 Post Road in Warwick, Rhode Island.
Access Road campus
The Access Road Campus consists of four buildings, including an automotive technician school which opened in 2005.
Accreditation and curriculum
The school is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges. It offers degrees in various technical areas, including plumbing and heating ventilation, architectural design, nursing, occupational therapy, veterinary technology, business management, criminal justice and software engineering, shipbuilding and advanced manufacturing.
National Alternative Fuels Training Consortium
The National Alternative Fuels Training Consortium (or NAFTC) has a Training Center located at NEIT.
- "New England Institute of Technology". College Navigator. National Center for Education Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor. 2015. Retrieved January 28, 2017.
- "The Technical College of New England". NEIT. Retrieved July 6, 2012.
- "New England Tech announces $120-million expansion of East Greenwich campus". The Providence Journal. 30 September 2014. Retrieved 20 September 2017.
- "Campus Setting". New England Institute of Technology. New England Institute of Technology. Retrieved 20 September 2017.
- "East Greenwich Campus". New England Institute of Technology. Retrieved 20 September 2017.
- "New England Association of Schools and Colleges". NEASC. Retrieved May 23, 2017.
- "NAFTC National Training Centers" (PDF). NAFTC. Retrieved July 6, 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to New England Institute of Technology.|
|This article about a university or college in Rhode Island is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|