New Faces (band)
New Faces in 2008.
|Origin||Port Townsend, Washington, USA|
|Years active||2007 - November 2009|
|Associated acts||Captain Incognito|
New Faces were a Britpop-influenced band, formed in Port Townsend, Washington in 2006 as Captain Incognito. The band was received well, and won Seattle's local under-21 music competition, Sound Off!. The band is also the youngest band to be signed by Seattle-based Loveless Records. The band released two singles off their first album, Two Years, on July 22, 2008, before releasing the full album on August 26 of the same year.
The band's music has appeared on television, with appearances on NBC, including Mercy and The Philanthropist. More recently, the band's music has been licensed for use in a television commercial, airing in Mexico, for Converse (shoe company).
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to New Faces (band).|
- "New Faces wins 21-and-under battle of the bands at EMP". Seattle Post Intellegencer (2008-3-2).
- "Sound Off! winner New Faces signed by Seattle label Loveless Records". Seattle P-I Blog (2008-6-19).
- "New Faces Bio". Loveless Records official site Retrieved on 2008-7-14
- "KEXP Playlist" KEXP.org. Retrieved on 2008-9-6
- "New Faces Upcoming Shows". MySpace.com. Retrieved on 2008-7-14