"New Fang" is the debut single by Los Angeles-based rock supergroup Them Crooked Vultures. It was the first track the band worked on. "New Fang" was released as the first single from the band's self-titled debut album (2009). The single was released to radio on October 26, 2009. It entered the top ten of the Alternative Songs chart, peaking at #10, and the top twenty on both the Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks (#13) and Rock Songs (#14) charts. The song, as performed by the band during a New York concert on October 15, 2009, was described by New York Times writer Nate Chinen as one of the band's "more buoyant tunes, hint[ing] at Southern boogie rock." The song also won a Grammy Award for Best Hard Rock Performance at the 53rd Grammy Awards on February 13, 2011.
Appearances in other media
The song was made available as downloadable content for Rock Band for the Xbox 360 on November 17, 2009, for Wii on November 24, 2009, and for PlayStation 3 on December 3, 2009.
- ^ New Fang Songfacts
- ^ "Quick Hits: Album Sales, Weezer, Them Crooked Vultures, Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, R. Kelly, Atreyu, Faith No More, Justin Timberlake, Matisyahu, Julian Casablancas". FMQB. 2009-10-21. Retrieved 2009-10-25.
- ^ "Format Rooms: Active & Mainstream Rock". FMQB. Retrieved 2009-10-25.
- ^ "Format Rooms: Modern Rock". FMQB. Retrieved 2009-10-25.
- ^ Chinen, Nate (2009-10-16). "Quite the Lineup: A Band Without an Album but With a History (or Three)". The New York Times. Retrieved 2009-10-25.
- ^ Chartifacts - Week Commencing: 9 November 2009 ariacharts.com. Retrieved 10 August 2013.
- ^ a b c New Fang - Billboard Charts allmusic.com. Retrieved 10 August 2013.
- ^ New Fang - Japan Hot 100 billboard.com. Retrieved 10 August 2013.
- ^ "Official Singles Chart for the week ending 28 November 2009". ChartsPlus (Liverpool: UKChartsPlus) (431): 1–4.
- ^ UK Rock Chart