|Neighbourhood in Garia, Kolkata (Calcutta)|
Kavi Subhash(New Garia) Metro Railway Station
|Metro Railway Station||Kavi Subhash|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Area code(s)||+91 33|
New Garia is a neighbourhood located in Garia, Kolkata, India. It is bounded by Eastern Metropolitan Bypass to the north, Patuli to the west, Garia Railway Station to the south and Chakgaria to the east.
The easiest & shortest Kolkata metro rail stretch is Kavi Subhash to Satyajit Ray film institute, which is less than 2 km.
Even this simple Metro extension is purposely undone since 2011.
New garia is a very backward, mosquito infested place, a deadly dengue prone area.
No progress in the New Garia locality is foreseen without immediate Metro rail connectivity with E.M bypass
- Easiest &shortest Kolkata metro rail stretch is 5 km, kavi Subash to Ruby hospital crossing. Even this simple extension is purposely undone since 2011.
- New garia is a very backward, mosquito infested place, a deadly dengue prone area. No progress in the locality is foreseen without immediate Metro rail connectivity.
New Garia is home to two major bus termini (popularly named as C-5 and 206 after the routes they originally used to serve) and is connected by all varieties of bus services to all parts of the city. 
Major roads of New Garia
- Eastern Metropolitan Bypass (gateway to Salt Lake City)
- Panchasayar Main Road
- Garia Station Road (gateway to Garia Railway Station)
- Srinagar Main Road
- Nayabad Avenue
- Private Bus
- 1B Ramnagar — Nayabad(Garia)
- 206 New Garia Station — Salt Lake AJ Block
- 37A Howrah Station — Nayabad(Garia)
- Bus Routes without Numbers
- Mini Bus Routes
- CSTC Bus Routes
- Express Bus Routes
- Digha – Garia Railway Station via Tollygunge
- Digha – Garia Railway Station via Jadavpur
- New Garia – Digha
- Solpatta – Garia Railway Station
- Chandrakona Town – Garia Railway Station
Places of interest
- Hiland Park is the second tallest tower in Kolkata (after South City) and is located in Chak Garia on the E. M. Bypass.
- Metropolis Mall with INOX, Big Bazaar, Food Court, Bar Lounge located near Hiland Park is a shopper's paradise and food-lover's delight.
- Ambuja Upohar is also a big residential complex close to Garia Metro station.
- Spencer's is also opened as "Food Best" retail shop just besides Bengal Ambuja Upohar Complex
- Kolkata Metro Railway Routes (North South Corridor)
- Kolkata Suburban Railway
- Eastern Metropolitan Bypass
- "Bus routes in Kolkata". kolkataweb.com. Retrieved 26 July 2015.
- "The Telegraph - Calcutta (Kolkata) - Metro - Mahalaya debut for Metro AC rakes". telegraphindia.com. Retrieved 26 July 2015.
- "City Metro to launch first AC rake on Mahalaya". The Times of India. Retrieved 26 July 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Garia.|