New Jersey Japanese School
The New Jersey Japanese School (ニュージャージー日本人学校 Nyūjājī Nihonjin Gakkō?, NJJS) is a Japanese school located in Oakland, New Jersey, United States in the New York City metropolitan area. It is one of the two Japanese day schools operated by the Japanese Educational Institute of New York (JEI; ニューヨーク日本人教育審議会 Nyūyōku Nihonjin Kyōiku Shingi Kai), a nonprofit organization which also operates two Japanese weekend school systems in the New York City area.
The school's students are Japanese expatriates. The goal of the school is to prepare them for the Japanese educational system when the students eventually return to Japan.
The Japanese School of New York established a branch campus in New Jersey on April 1, 1992, with grades one through four. On April 1, 1999, the branch campus became its own school, The New Jersey Japanese School.
- Japanese in New York City
- Japanese Weekend School of New York - Japanese weekend school in the New York City area
- New York Seikatsu Press
- American School in Japan, American international school in Tokyo
- "アクセス・マップ" ("Access Map") Map. The New Jersey Japanese School. Retrieved on January 9, 2012. "117 Franklin Ave, Oakland, NJ 07436"
- "学校案内" (Archive). Japanese Educational Institute of New York (ニューヨーク日本人教育審議会). Retrieved on April 15, 2015. The names of the weekend schools as stated on the pages should be "The Japanese Weekend School of New York" and "The Japanese Weekend School of New Jersey" - note that the Japanese names between the day and weekend schools are different.
- Devencentis, Philip, Christina Hernandez, Chris Nesi, and Marsha Stoltz. "Celebrating Thanksgiving in many languages." Waldwick Suburban News. Wednesday November 25, 2009. 2. Retrieved on January 9, 2012.
- "本校の歩み." The Japanese School of New York. Retrieved on January 10, 2012. "１９９２． ４． １ New Jersey分校開校。１年～４年 各１学級設置。" and "１９９９． ４． １ New Jersey分校独立。"
- 西田 直嗣 and 鈴木 晶子. "A Creative Music Composition to Student in The New Jersey Japanese School : To Make Tone Row" (ニュージャージー日本人学校における「創造的音楽学習」の取り組み : 音列を創る). 群馬大学教育学部紀要. 芸術・技術・体育・生活科学編 47, 17-25, 2012. 群馬大学教育学部. See profile at CiNii.
|This New Jersey school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|