New Jersey Army National Guard
||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (January 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|New Jersey Army National Guard|
The unit patch of New Jersey State Area Command (STARC)
|Active||1945-46 - present (as Army National Guard)|
|Branch||Army National Guard|
|Part of||New Jersey Department of Military and Veterans Affairs
New Jersey National Guard
|The Adjutant General:(Acting) Brig. Gen. Michael L. Cunniff|
The New Jersey Army National Guard consists of over 9000 Guardsmen. The Guard is currently engaged in several worldwide and homeland missions. Units have deployed to Iraq, Guantanamo Bay, Afghanistan, Germany, Kosovo, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, and Egypt. The Guard has also deployed to help with the recovery from Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans.
The New Jersey Army National Guard is governed through the New Jersey Department of Military and Veterans Affairs.
On the home front, the Guard is responsible for Homeland Security tasks in the State of New Jersey.
The NJ National Guard contributed forces to the 44th Division when it was reformed on 19 October 1920 as a result of the National Defense Act of 1920's major expansion of the National Guard. As originally conceived, the division was to consist of National Guard units from the States of Delaware, New Jersey and New York. The 57th Infantry Brigade was the New) Jersey contribution. The brigade had the 113th and 114th Infantry Regiments.
Assistant Adjutant General: Major General Maria A. Falca-Dodson
Deputy Commissioner for Veterans Affairs: Raymond L. Zawacki
Chief of the Joint Staff: Brigadier General James J. Grant
- 42nd Regional Support Group
- 117th Combat Sustainment Support Battalion
- 119th Combat Sustainment Support Battalion
- 508th Military Police Combat Support Company
- 50th Chemical Company
- 154th Water Purification Company
- 50th Financial Management Company
- 63rd Army Band.
253rd Transportation Company
- 50th Infantry Brigade Combat Team
- 57th Troop Command
- 254th Regiment (Combat Arms)
- 1st Battalion (Infantry)
- 2nd Battalion (Modular Training Battalion)
- RTS-M (Regional Training Site - Maintenance)
- Joint Training and Training Development Center (JT2DC)
- New Jersey Naval Militia Joint Command (State Naval Guard)
Awards and Decorations in Order of Precedence
- New Jersey Distinguished Service Medal
- New Jersey Medal of Valor
- New Jersey Meritorious Service Medal
- New Jersey Commendation Medal
- New Jersey Ribbon of Honor
- New Jersey Good Conduct Ribbon
- New Jersey Merit Award
- New Jersey Desert Storm Service Medal
- New Jersey Desert Storm Ribbon
- New Jersey State Service Award
- New Jersey Recruiting Award
- New Jersey Governor's Unit Award
- New Jersey Unit Strength Award
- 1-102nd Cavalry Regiment (United States)
- 3-112th Field Artillery Regiment
- 2-113th Infantry Regiment NOTE: The 113th Infantry is one of only nineteen Army National Guard units with campaign credit for the War of 1812.
- 157th Field Artillery Battalion
- 157th Armored Field Artillery Battalion
- 165th Armored Field Artillery Battalion
- 199th Armored Field Artillery Battalion
- 228th Armored Field Artillery Battalion
- 254th Air Defense Artillery Regiment (United States)
- Doubler, Michael D. "Civilian in Peace, Soldier in War: The Army National Guard, 1636–2000" (University Press of Kansas, Lawrence, KA, 2003), p. 190.
- Wilson, John B., The Army Lineage Series: "Armies, Corps, Divisions and Separate Brigades" (US Army Center of Military History Washington, D.C, 1999), rp374.
- Official sites
- New Jersey Army Guard (N.J. Dept. of Military & Veteran Affairs)
- Bibliography of New Jersey Army National Guard History compiled by the United States Army Center of Military History
- Unofficial sites
- New Jersey Army National Guard at GlobalSecurity.org