New Jersey Wing Civil Air Patrol
The New Jersey Wing of the Civil Air Patrol, the United States Air Force Auxiliary
|United States Air Force|
|Commander||Col Joe H. Abegg|
|Vice Commander||Lt Col Michael A. Sperry|
|Statistics as of 2018|
The New Jersey Wing of the Civil Air Patrol (CAP) is the highest echelon of Civil Air Patrol in the state of New Jersey. New Jersey Wing headquarters are located at Joint Base McGuire–Dix–Lakehurst. The New Jersey Wing consists of over 1,200 cadet and adult members at over 26 locations across the state of New Jersey.
The wing was founded on December 1, 1941. It styles itself "The Birthplace of Civil Air Patrol".
The New Jersey Wing Civil Air Patrol is tasked with aeronautical search and rescue missions for the state of New Jersey, coordinated by the Air Force Rescue Coordination Center. The Wing maintains ground search and rescue teams consisting of both cadets and senior members to act in tandem with aerial surveillance efforts. The Civil Air Patrol also provides humanitarian support, airborne imagery and communications support for counter-drug operations. The CAP also provides Air Force support through conducting light transport, communications support, and low-altitude route surveys.
In 2011, after Hurricane Sandy struck the east coast of the United States, the New Jersey Wing assisted in damage recovery. Aircrews flew aerial surveillance missions and provided over flew damage assessment and photo reconnaissance missions, providing more than 70,000 high-resolution images of damaged areas. On the ground, more than 50 members provided over 1,500 man-hours supporting Pleasantville Red Cross Shelter. Over the 52 consecutive days the Civil Air Patrol was mobilized in response to Sandy, 146 New Jersey Wing members contributed over 7,000 hours of volunteer service.
The Civil Air Patrol offers a cadet program for youth aged 12 to 21. The cadet program is organized around four main program elements: leadership, aerospace, fitness, and character. Cadets progress through the self-paced program to complete tasks in each program area in order to earn promotions and awards.
The Civil Air Patrol promotes and supports aerospace education, both for its own members and the general public. Cadets are offered aerospace education as a part of the cadet program. Teachers can get free classroom materials and lesson plans from CAP through CAP’s Aerospace Education Membership program.
|NJ001||New Jersey Wing Headquarters||Joint Base MDL|
|NJ002||Cumberland Composite Squadron||Vineland|
|NJ003||Raritan Valley Composite Squadron||Hillsborough|
|NJ009||Cape May Composite Squadron||Cape May|
|NJ035||Teaneck Composite Squadron||Teaneck|
|NJ037||Gloucester County Composite Squadron||Glassboro|
|NJ058||Lone Eagle Composite Squadron||Gladstone|
|NJ059||Jack Schweiker Composite Squadron||Cherry Hill|
|NJ065||Ocean Composite Squadron||Berkeley Township|
|NJ067||Bayshore Composite Squadron||Middletown|
|NJ073||Curtiss-Wright Composite Squadron||Fairfield, Essex County|
|NJ079||Air Victory Museum Composite Squadron||Lumberton|
|NJ082||Allentown Composite Squadron||Allentown|
|NJ086||Maj Thomas B. McGuire Jr. Composite Squadron||Joint Base MDL|
|NJ090||Walter M. Schirra Jr. Composite Squadron||Mahwah|
|NJ092||Twin Pine Composite Squadron||West Trenton|
|NJ093||Picatinny Composite Squadron||Dover|
|NJ096||Pineland Composite Squadron||Lakewood|
|NJ097||Teterboro Composite Squadron||Teterboro|
|NJ102||Capt Bud Jackson Composite Squadron||Chatham|
|NJ103||General Jimmy Stewart Composite Squadron||Sayreville|
|NJ105||Atlantic County Composite Squadron||Egg Harbor Township|
|NJ107||Delaware Valley Composite Squadron||Whitehouse Station|
|NJ112||Jersey City Composite Squadron||Jersey City|
|NJ999||New Jersey Legislative Squadron||Trenton|
- Awards and decorations of the Civil Air Patrol
- New Jersey Air National Guard
- New Jersey Naval Militia
- New Jersey State Guard
- "eServices, National Headquarters". Civil Air Patrol., login required
- "Contact Us". New Jersey Wing Civil Air Patrol Official Website. Retrieved 19 November 2015.
- "2014 Statistics" (PDF). Capmembers.com. Retrieved 19 November 2015.
- "New Jersey Wing - "The Birthplace of Civil Air Patrol"". Retrieved September 5, 2016.
- "Civil Air Patrol". Civil Air Patrol Official Website. Retrieved 19 November 2015.
- "Emergency Services". New Jersey Wing Civil Air Patrol Official Website. Retrieved 19 November 2015.
- "Emergency Services". Civil Air Patrol Official Website. Archived from the original on 9 November 2015. Retrieved 19 November 2015.
- "Members support local communities after Hurricane Sandy" (PDF). Capmembers.com. Retrieved 19 November 2015.
- "Cadet Programs". Civil Air Patrol Official Website. Archived from the original on 3 December 2015. Retrieved 19 November 2015.
- "Cadet Programs". New Jersey Wing Civil Air Patrol Official Website. Retrieved 19 November 2015.
- "Aerospace Education". New Jersey Wing Civil Air Patrol Official Website. Retrieved 19 November 2015.
- "Civil Air Patrol Unit Directory" (PDF). Gocivilairpatrol.com. Archived from the original (PDF) on 7 August 2015. Retrieved 19 November 2015.