New Jersey elections, 2010
|Elections in New Jersey|
United States Senate
Neither Senate seat was up for election in 2010.
United States House
All 13 New Jersey seats in the United States House of Representatives were up for election in 2010.
No state offices were up for election in 2010.
On February 19, 2010, Bill Baroni resigned his New Jersey Senate seat to be a member of the Port Authority Board. His resignation triggered a special election for the 14th legislative district, which includes portions of Mercer and Middlesex counties. Democratic Assemblywoman Linda Greenstein was elected over Republican Tom Goodwin, who had been appointed to fill the vacant seat.
|Sample size||Margin of error||Tom
|National Research Inc.||August 2010||300 LV||± 5.66%||41%||38%||19%|
|Democratic||Linda R. Greenstein||36,411||53.8||16.1|
State General Assembly
In the New Jersey General Assembly, the 31st legislative district seat was vacated by Anthony Chiappone on July 20, 2010 after he pled guilty to charges of official misconduct and campaign finance law violations. The Hudson County Democratic Committee selected Jason O' Donnell, a former Democratic county leader, to replace him. O'Donnell was elected to finish the remainder of the term.
|Unbought and Unbossed||Robert Mays||2,516||8.5|
|For The People||Denis F. Wilbeck||2,463||8.3|
There are no judicial elections in New Jersey.
No measures have been certified for the 2010 statewide ballot, but at least three measures have been proposed by the New Jersey Legislature.
Many elections for county offices were also held on November 2, 2010.
- "Poll suggests close race for 14th District; Greenstein and Goodwin neck and neck". August 6, 2010. Retrieved September 27, 2017.
- "Official List, Candidate Returns for State Senate for November 2010 General Election" (PDF). Secretary of State of New Jersey. Retrieved December 30, 2015.
- "Official List, Candidate Returns for Special General Assembly for November 2010 General Election" (PDF). Secretary of State of New Jersey. Retrieved February 15, 2016.
- General Election 2010: Offices and Candidates from the New Jersey State Board of Elections
- New Jersey State Board of Elections
- U.S. Congress Candidates for New Jersey at Project Vote Smart
- New Jersey Election Guide from Congress.org
- New Jersey from OurCampaigns.com
- New Jersey Polls at Pollster.com
- New Jersey at Rasmussen Reports
- New Jersey Congressional Races in 2010 campaign finance data from OpenSecrets.org
- New Jersey 2010 campaign finance data from Follow the Money