New Laos National Stadium
|Main contractors||Shanghai Construction Group|
Laos national football team
The Lao National Stadium is a multi-use stadium in Vientiane, Laos, that was built in 2009. It is used mostly for football matches as well as athletics events and hosted the opening and closing ceremonies for the 2009 Southeast Asian Games.
Upon completion, it replaced the previous Laos National Stadium. The Laos National Sports Complex is located about 16 km from the centre of Vientiane City and comprises a 25,000-seat main stadium, a 2,000 seating capacity indoor aquatics complex, with an outdoor warm-up pool, a tennis centre consisting of 2,000 seating capacity centre court plus six other tennis courts, two indoor stadiums each with a seating capacity of 3,000 and an indoor shooting range with 50 seats.
- Laos Confident New Stadium Will Be Completed on Time for SEA Games
- "Infos at laoseagames2009.com". Archived from the original on 2009-12-04. Retrieved 2009-12-20.
- FootballFans.eu: New Laos National Stadium
- cafe.daum.net/stade: Nouveau Stade National du Laos
- Soccerway: New Laos National Stadium
- Stadionwelt: Laos National Stadium
- World Stadiums: Laos National Stadium
- Worldstadia: Laos National Stadium, Vientiane
- Flickr: Photostream of the Lao SEA Games Stadiums
|This article about a Laotian sports venue is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|