New Light, North Carolina
|Coordinates: 36°00′45″N 78°35′50″W / 36.012532°N 78.597331°W|
New Light is an unincorporated community in New Light Township, Wake County, North Carolina, United States. It is located at the intersection of Purnell Rd (SR 1909), Stony Hill Rd (SR 1917), and Mangum Dairy Rd (SR 1911). It has an elevation of 413 ft. As of January 2019, New Light Township has a population of 8,687 and a median home value of $380,000.
In the 1750s, New Light Baptists migrated from New England to North Carolina. They established the first Baptist church in Wake County in 1771. The community later had a creek and a township named after them.
- ^ a b Johnson, K. Todd (2009). Historic Wake County. HPN Books. ISBN 9781935377108.
- ^ "Google Maps". Google Maps. Retrieved 2018-07-14.
- ^ "GNIS Detail - New Light". geonames.usgs.gov. Retrieved 2018-07-14.
- ^ "Living in New Light Township". Niche. Retrieved 2019-01-17.
- ^ "New Light Baptist Church-About Us". New Light Baptist Church. Retrieved 2018-07-14.