New Medicine performing live at the Carnival of Madness tour in 2012 at the Laredo Energy Arena
|Origin||Orono, Minnesota, US|
|Years active||2009–2015 (Hiatus)|
|Labels||Imagen Records Photo Finish Records|
|Associated acts||A Verse Unsung|
New Medicine was originally formed as A Verse Unsung by two friends, Jake Scherer and Dan Garland, who were attending Orono High School at the time. The two would write lyrics during classes then work through them musically at Scherer's family's farm in Medina where he lived. Kenny Fritze and Aaron Gates were later added to the band and eventually replaced. They signed to Photo Finish Records after forming the new band with Ryan Guanzon and Matt Brady, calling themselves New Medicine. Their debut album, Race You to the Bottom, was released September 18, 2010. The band has toured with major recording artists such as Avenged Sevenfold, Halestorm, Buckcherry, and Stone Sour. Their songs "Race You to the Bottom," "Laid," and "Rich Kids" have all been added into rotation on Sirius XM Radio's Octane Channel. "Laid" hit number 32 on the Mainstream Rock chart in Spring 2011, "Race You to the Bottom" hit number 19 on the Mainstream Rock chart in Spring 2012, and "Rich Kids" hit number 31 on the Mainstream Rock chart in Fall 2012, respectively. On December 21, 2012, Matt Brady announced he was leaving the band to spend more time with Joy2theWorld, which helps women and children in Ghana, west Africa. Later the same year, Ryan Guanzon left the band to produce music. Dylan Wood (ex-Emphatic) took the drums duties since then, and Kyle LeBlanc took over on bass guitar. They released their second album "Breaking the Model" on August 26, 2014 via Imagen Records, with the lead single "One Too Many" hitting number 40 on the Mainstream Rock. The band stated on their Facebook page that they have begun work on a new album as of November 28, 2013 and was released on August 25, 2014. Ryan Guanzon returned to the band for just one performance in April 2015 in the band's hometown of Medina, but did so to play guitar as current lead guitarist, Dan Garland, was not able to be there. Matt Brady also made an appearance on-stage that same night as he was in attendance. On April 27, 2015, it was announced that the band would be going on an indefinite hiatus.
|New Medicine discography|
|Year||Album details||Peak chart positions|
|2010||Race You to the Bottom
|2014||Breaking The Model
|U.S. Main.||U.S. Rock|
|2010||"Laid"||32||—||Race You to the Bottom|
|"Race You to the Bottom"||19||40|
|"Resolve To Fight"||—||—|
|2014||"One Too Many"||37||—||Breaking The Model|
- Jake Scherer (lead vocals/rhythm guitar)
- Dan Garland (lead guitar)
- Kyle LeBlanc (bass/vocals)
- Dylan Wood (drums)
- Ryan Wood (guitars/vocals)
- Matt Brady (bass)
- Ryan Guanzon (drums)
- Kenny Fritze
- Aaron Gates
On April 27, 2015, lead vocalist Jake Scherer took to various social media outlets to announce that the band would be going on an indefinite hiatus, with no word on when, or if, the band will be back together in the future or not.
- Burn Halo w/ Track Fighter and New Medicine. (Late Summer to Early Autumn 2009)
- The Used/Chiodos & New Medicine Tour. (April 17, 2010)
- Halestorm w/ Adelitas Way & Since October. (July 2010)
- Uproar Festival w/ Avenged Sevenfold, Disturbed, & Stone Sour. (August 17 - October 4, 2010)
- Rise From Ashes Tour w/ D.R.U.G.S. & Eyes Set to Kill. (December 4–19, 2010)
- Nightmare After Christmas Tour w/ Avenged Sevenfold, Stone Sour, & Hollywood Undead. (January 20-February 13, 2011)
- Revolt Tour with Hollywood Undead, Drive A, and 10 Years (April 6, 2011 - May 27, 2011).
- Opened for the Shinedown Concert at the Ogden Theater, Denver, Colorado, April 2, 2012. Performed before Adelitas Way
- Played Jager stage at Carolina Rebellion on May 5, 2012.
- Played Jeremiah Weed Stage at Rockfest in Kansas City, Missouri, May 12, 2012.
- Played FYE stage at Rock on the Range in Columbus, Ohio, May 19, 2012
- Played Intersection in Grand Rapids, Michigan, to finish tour with Halestorm on July 21, 2012
- Played the Carnival of Madness Tour with Cavo, Halestorm, Chevelle and Evanescence.
- Played Wicked Moose, Rochester, Minnesota, with Buckcherry March 15, 2013
- Played Medina Entertainment Center, Medina, Minnesota, with Buckcherry March 16, 2013
- Played Herkirmer Block/Patio Party, Minneapolis, Minnesota, (1st show with new bass player and drummer) June 8, 2013
- Played Medina Entertainment Center (Outdoors), Medina, Minnesota, with Hairball June 15, 2013
- Played Tour with Halestorm fall/winter 2014
- Played Buzzfest 32 at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion, The Woodlands, Texas, on October 18, 2014
- Played Fine Line Music Cafe Minneapolis, Minnesota (homecoming Xmas show) with former drummer Ryan Guanzon's new Band "Late Night Fights" opening. Former bass player, Matt Brady, in attendance with stage diving. December 20, 2014
- Played Medina Entertainment Center, Medina,Minnesota (Hometown/Final Show before Indefinite Hiatus) with Buckcherry and Cold Kingdom. Former drummer, Ryan Guanzon, handled lead guitar duties from the absent Dan Garland. Former bass player, Matt Brady, also in attendance. April 04, 2015
- "New Medicine". Facebook. Retrieved 14 November 2014.
- "New Medicine - Buzznet". Retrieved 14 November 2014.
- "The Used/Chiodos Tour". idiomag. Retrieved 2010-03-11.
- "Uproar Tour Dates With Disturbed, Avenged Sevenfold, Stone Sour".
- "Rockstar Energy Drink Uproar Festival - featuring Godsmack, Seether, Skillet, Buckcherry and more". Rockstar Energy Drink UPROAR FESTIVAL. Retrieved 14 November 2014.
- "YouTube". Retrieved 14 November 2014.
- "Research and development in our community". Facebook. Retrieved 14 November 2014.
- ""THE NIGHTMARE AFTER CHRISTMAS" TOUR". Avenged Sevenfold. Retrieved 14 November 2014.
- http://omnes.tv/unsigned/episode76/ Interview with Jake Scherer who talks about recording new album and touring.
- Official website