New Mexico Public Regulation Commission
|This article is part of a series on the
politics and government of
The New Mexico Public Regulation Commission [PRC] is a regulatory authority in New Mexico charged with the responsibility of seeing that utility customers have "fair and reasonable rates, and to assure reasonable and adequate services to the public as provided by law." The PRC regulates the insurance industry in New Mexico through its Division of Insurance, appointing an Insurance Superintendent who is a PRC employee having independent statutory powers. The PRC also has responsibility for motor carrier regulation, the State Fire Marshall's Office, the Firefighter Training Academy, Pipeline Safety and the registration of all corporations and limited liability companies doing business in New Mexico.
On July 1, 2013, the Insurance Division separated from the Public Regulation Commission and became an independent agency.
|District||Commissioner||Took Office/||Term Expires|
|1 (Alb)||Karen L. Montoya (D)||2013||2017|
|2 (SE N.M.)||Patrick H. Lyons (R)||2015|
|3 (N/NE N.M.)||Valerie Espinoza (D)||2013||2017|
|4 (NW N.M.)||Lynda M. Lovejoy (D)||2015|
|5 (SW N.M.)||Sandy R. Jones (D)||2015|
List of Public Regulation Commissioners
|District 1||District 2||District 3||District 4||District 5|
|1999||Herb H. Hughes (R)||Bill Pope (R)[note 1]||Jerome D. Block, Sr. (D)||Lynda M. Lovejoy (D)||Tony Schaefer (R/D)[note 2]|
|Rory McMinn (R)[note 3]|
|2003||David W. King (R)||Shirley E. Baca (D)|
|2005||Jason A. Marks (D)||Ben R. Luján (D)|
|2007||Carol K. Sloan (D)[note 4]||Sandy R. Jones (D)|
|2009||Jerome D. Block, Jr. (D)[note 5]|
|Theresa Becenti-Aguilar (D)[note 6]|
|2011||Patrick H. Lyons (R)||Ben R. Hall (R)|
|Doug Howe (I)[note 7]|
|2013||Karen Montoya (D)||Valerie Espinoza (D)|
|2015||Lynda M. Lovejoy (D)||Sandy R. Jones (D)|
- Resigned on March 16, 2001.
- Changed party affiliation from Republican to Democratic on October 1, 1999.
- Appointed by Governor Johnson on May 1, 2001.
- Removed by New Mexico Supreme Court on June 23, 2010.
- Resigned on October 7, 2011.
- Appointed by Governor Richardson and took oath on July 6, 2010.
- Appointed by Governor Martinez and took oath on November 7, 2011.
- New Mexico Constitution, Article XI, Section 2.
- Domrzalski, Dennise (June 25, 2013). "Decision on NM insurance superintendent hire expected Wednesday". Albuquerque Business First. American City Business Journals. Retrieved June 27, 2013.
- New Mexico Constitution, Article XI, Section 1.
- State of New Mexico (July 2012). Kathryn A. Flynn, ed. 2012 Centennial Blue Book (PDF). Diana J. Duran. Office of the New Mexico Secretary of State. pp. 233–234.
- "Commissioner". New_Mexico Public Regulation Commission. Retrieved September 25, 2015.
|This New Mexico-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|