New Mount Pleasant, Indiana
|New Mount Pleasant|
|Elevation||1,030 ft (310 m)|
|GNIS feature ID||440088|
New Mount Pleasant was founded in 1838. The community was named after a Friends meeting house in Mount Pleasant, Ohio. A post office was established at New Mount Pleasant in 1839, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1907.
New Mount Pleasant is located at.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "New Mount Pleasant, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-17.
- Baker, Ronald L. (October 1995). From Needmore to Prosperity: Hoosier Place Names in Folklore and History. Indiana University Press. p. 239. ISBN 978-0-253-32866-3.
This village was platted in 1838...
- Jay, Milton T. (1922). History of Jay County, Indiana: Including Its World War Record and Incorporating the Montgomery History, Volume 1. Historical Publishing Company. p. 106.
- "Jay County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 1 November 2014.
|This Jay County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|