|Owner(s)||Ethnic Media Group|
New Nation was a weekly newspaper published in the UK for the Black British community. Launched in 1996, the newspaper was Britain's Number 1-selling black newspaper. The paper was published every Monday.
New Nation was published by Ethnic Media Group, a leading publisher of weekly newspapers, magazines, websites and digital newspapers for Britain’s African, Caribbean, Black British and Asian communities in the UK, until the company went into administration in 2009. It pioneered the development of Black and Asian digital newspapers, reaching a global audience. It published its final online issue on 17 February 2016.
The newspaper featured a mix of news, sport, social and political issues. It also had a recruitment and personal section. Its weekly entertainment section, The Buzz, featured black music, gospel, general entertainment features as well as exclusive interviews. "Legal Ease" was a legal column written by barrister Ryan Clement, the author of Legal Eyes, that used to be a legal column in the weekly newspaper The Voice, which was New Nation′s main competitor.
In 2003, when several UK newspapers were furnished with details about the death of Margie Schoedinger, a black woman who had filed rape charges against George W. Bush, only the New Nation chose to publish the story.
- Decca Aitkenhead, "Black and successful? Here's the good news", The Independent, 13 October 1996.
- "New weekly tabloid set to hit the shelves", Design Week, 29 November 1996, p. 5.
- "Potential buyers emerge for New Nation newspaper" Archived 22 February 2012 at the Wayback Machine, Sally Newall, Press Gazette, 23 January 2009. Accessed 7 March 2010.
- Editor's anger at stop and search , BBC News, 24 February 2003.
- Aronowitz, Simon (13 December 2003). "In the western world, only one newspaper reports the suicide of the woman who accused George W Bush of rape". Thought Crime News. Archived from the original on 4 February 2012. Retrieved 2 October 2013.
|This United Kingdom newspaper-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|