New Nintendo 2DS XL
New Nintendo 2DS XL
|Also known as||NN2DS XL, New 2DS XL, N2DS XL(unofficial abbreviations)|
|Product family||Nintendo 3DS family|
|Type||Handheld game console|
|Operating system||Nintendo 3DS system software|
|Removable storage||microSD card|
|Display||Upper: 4.88" LCD|
Lower: 4.18" resistive touchscreen LCD
|Input||A/B/X/Y buttons, Circle Pad, C-Stick, L/R and ZL/ZR bumpers, D-pad, Start/Select buttons, Home button, volume slider, power button|
|Camera||Front-facing camera, 2 rear-facing cameras|
|Weight||260 grams (9.2 oz)|
|Related articles||Nintendo 2DS|
The New Nintendo 2DS XL (branded as New Nintendo 2DS LL[a] in Japan) is a handheld game console produced by Nintendo. It is the sixth system in the Nintendo 3DS family of handheld consoles, following the original Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 2DS, New Nintendo 3DS, and New Nintendo 3DS XL. It was released in Australia and New Zealand on 15 June 2017, in Japan and South Korea on 13 July 2017, and in North America and Europe on 28 July 2017.
The New Nintendo 2DS XL is a streamlined version of the New Nintendo 3DS XL, retaining most of the enhancements it carries over from the original 2DS and 3DS models (including its updated processor, additional controls, and Amiibo support), but with no autostereoscopic 3D display, and a thinner build. Unlike the original 2DS, the New 2DS XL uses the same clamshell form factor of other 3DS models.
Nintendo has presented versions of the console in black with blue accents for the North American market, and white with orange-gold accents for the Japanese, South Korean and PAL region market, as well as a Japan-exclusive Dragon Quest XI limited edition. Later, the White + Orange variant came to North America, as well as Lavender + White, Black + Green (both Japan-exclusive) as well as Poké Ball and Pikachu variants to coincide with the launch of Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon (the former also coming to that region). In July 2018, a "Hylian Shield" variant was released, which included a pre-installed copy of The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. A month later, in August, Nintendo announced a new version of the console in purple with silver accents, which would release in September 2018. Additionally, Nintendo confirmed that all future shipments of the Black + Blue, White + Orange and Purple + Silver accents would come with a pre-installed copy of Mario Kart 7.
Software and services
The system software of the New Nintendo 2DS XL is otherwise identical to that of the New Nintendo 3DS, remaining compatible with all games released for the 3DS and DS (excluding those requiring the Game Boy Advance cartridge slot, and including games exclusive to the New 3DS such as Xenoblade Chronicles 3D and Fire Emblem Warriors), and offering online features such as Nintendo Network for multiplayer and online gaming, Nintendo eShop for downloading and purchasing games, and SpotPass and StreetPass.
- Nyū Nintendō Tsū Dī Esu Eru Eru (Newニンテンドー2DSLL)
- "New Nintendo 2DS XL portable system to launch in Australia & New Zealand on June 15!". Nintendo Australia. 20 April 2017. Retrieved 28 April 2017.
- "Nintendo 2DS - Features". www.nintendo.com. Retrieved 29 April 2017.
- Alex, Schmidt (4 May 2017). "Nintendo announces 2DS XL". WholesGame. Retrieved 4 May 2017.
- "Nintendo 3DS family comparison chart". Nintendo. Retrieved 4 May 2017.
- Life, Nintendo (28 April 2017). "New Nintendo 2DS XL Announced, Releases 28 July". Nintendo Life. Retrieved 29 April 2017.
- "Nintendo Announces the New Nintendo 2DS XL for June". AusGamers. Retrieved 13 July 2017.
- "New Nintendo 2DS XL coming this July". Polygon. Vox Media. Retrieved 28 April 2017.
- "A new member of the Nintendo 3DS family". Nintendo. Retrieved 4 May 2017.
- "Nintendo Announces The New 2DS XL". Kotaku. Retrieved 28 April 2017.
- "Nintendo Randomly Announces The New Nintendo 2DS XL". USGamer. Retrieved 28 April 2017.
- "Japan's already getting hot, exclusive New 2DS XL systems". Polygon. Retrieved 28 April 2017.
|This Nintendo-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|