New Red Archives
|New Red Archives|
|Distributor(s)||Lumberjack Mordam Music Group|
|Genre||Hardcore punk, punk rock|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Location||San Francisco, California|
New Red Archives is an independent record label based in California's San Francisco Bay Area, mainly home to punk rock bands. Started in 1987, the label began by releasing punk and hardcore punk records on coloured vinyl. Starting in summer 1990 after a re-location from Brooklyn, the label was based out of Hollywood. In 1996 The label signed an exclusive distribution deal with Dutch East India Trading. By 1998 the label had moved to San Francisco. Starting in the early 2000s the label released CDs as well as vinyl, through the distribution company Lumberjack Mordam Music Group.
In 2012 Cleopatra acquired New Red Archives entire catalog of releases. The catalog includes politically charged punk band Anti-Flag, early 1980s NY-based hardcore group Kraut, hardcore punk band Hogan's Heroes, and an early project featuring Sunny Day Real Estate / Foo Fighters bassist, Nate Mendel called Christ On A Crutch. As of 2013, New Red Archives is a division of Cleopatra Records.
New Red Archives artists
- Accustomed To Nothing
- Badtown Boys
- Christ On A Crutch
- Corrupted Ideals
- Crucial Youth
- Dead Lazlo's Place
- Hogan's Heroes
- Jack Killed Jill
- No Use for a Name
- Reagan Youth
- Social Unrest
- Ten Bright Spikes
- Post Ejaculation Depression
- UK Subs
- * Grad, David. Fresh Fruit For Rotting Vegetables. Guitar World, July 1995, p 5.
- * EC Rocker. Makin' Waves. East Coast Rocker, June 27 1990, p 44.
- * EC Rocker. Ebb Tide. East Coast Rocker, May 9 1990, p 45.
- * Maximum RockNRoll. General Section. Maximum RockNRoll, January 1991, p. 107.
- * Maximum RockNRoll. General Section. Maximum RockNRoll, February 1991, p. 106.
- * New Red Archives. General Section. New Red Archives, Summer 1996, p 5.
- * Maximum RockNRoll. General Section. Maximum RockNRoll, December 1998, p. 5.
- "CLEOPATRA RECORDS ACQUIRED NEW RED ARCHIVES CATALOGUE, READIES RELEASES FROM THE PUNK IMPRINT INCLUDING ANTI-FLAG ON FEBRUARY 12". Hard Rock Hideout. Retrieved 2014-06-18.
|This article about a United States independent record label is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|