New Right (Greece)
|Vice President||Alkiviadis Kefalas|
|Secretary General||Christos Christidis|
|Founded||13 May 2016|
|Headquarters||3-5 Apollonos Str., GR 105 57 Athens, Attiki|
|Youth wing||National Action Youth (Νεολαία Εθνικής Δράσης)|
|European affiliation||Movement for a Europe of Nations and Freedom (2018-present)|
|European Parliament group||No MEPs|
0 / 300
0 / 21
0 / 703
The New Right (Greek: Νέα Δεξιά, Nea Dexia) is a national conservative political party in Greece., founded on 13 May 2016 by lawyer and former member of the Nea Dimokratia political committee, Failos Kranidiotis
Failos Kranidiotis launched the new party a shortly after he was ousted from conservative New Democracy by leader Kyriakos Mitsotakis over controversial online comments he posted in response to a diplomatic faux pas by Migration Minister Yiannis Mouzalas.
On May 16, 2016, the party was officially announced via a video posted on the party website.
On June 1, 2016, Failos Kranidiotis handed over the first official press conference at the Electra Palace Hotel in Plaka, where he announced the party's presidium, consisting of himself, Deputy President Panayotis Doumas a businessman, ex Vice President of the Athens Traders Association and former associate of Makis Voridis ex minister in the Antonis Samaras Government in the Ministry of Transportation and Telecommunication, and Secretary General Christos Christidis, a high ranking officer of the greek army and former president of a minor party, and presented the remaining 17 members of the National Council of the New Right.
In its declaration the party calls itself "party of the normal people" and calls for a strong national economy, strong national defence and the preservation of national identity.
Law, Order, Freedom, safe borders, safe neighborhoods, secure public spaces are showcased as the obligation of the democratic state and the right of its citizens.
Following various provocations of the Turkish Military against its neighbors, in particular Greece and Cyprus, President Failos Kranidiotis and Vice President Panayotis Doumas met with the President of the Movement for a Europe of Nations and Freedom Gerolf Annemans and the Secretary General of the Europe of Nations and Freedom Philip Claeys on March 9th, 2018 in Brussels to discuss among others common actions against turkish provocation on a european basis. Two days after the meeting, the Europe of Nations and Freedom President Nicolas Bay issued a press release, stressing that Turkey does not belong in the European Union, that the EU should stop the accession negotiations with that country and stop all pre-accession payments.
In May 1st 2018, Failos Kranidiotis and his party were presented as official members of the Movement, at the Feast of the Nations, hosted by the french Rassemblement National in Nice. Failos Kranidiotis was one of the main speakers of the event, together with Nicolas Bay, co-President of the MENL (Front National - France), Gerolf Annemans, President of MENL (Vlaams Belang - Flanders, Belgium), Michal Marusik, President of the KNP (Poland), Tomio Okamura, President of the SPD (Czech Republic), Harald Vilimsky, Secretary General of the FPÖ (Austria), Matteo Salvini (per video conference), Federal Secretary of the Lega Nord (Italy) and Marine Le Pen, President of the Front National (France). In his speech Kranidiotis referred to Turkish provocations, the capture of two Greek officers in Edirne and the incompatibility of Turkey with European customs and values.
- "Νέα Δεξιά, το κόμμα του Φ. Κρανιδιώτη, του Γιώργου Π. Τερζή | Kathimerini" (in Greek). Retrieved 2018-06-07.
- "Ex-aide to former PM forms far-right party | Kathimerini". Retrieved 2018-06-07.
- "Die politische Lücke füllen". jf-archiv.de. 2016-07-22. Retrieved 2018-06-07.
- "Επίσημη πρώτη για τη Νέα Δεξιά του Φαήλου Κρανιδιώτη | in.gr". in.gr (in Greek). 2016-06-01. Retrieved 2018-06-12.
- "Οι πονοκέφαλοι της Νέας Δημοκρατίας - Αρχική". Αρχική. 2017-05-08. Retrieved 2018-06-12.
- "Κίνημα για μία Ευρώπη των Εθνών & της Ελευθερίας | ΝΕΑ ΔΕΞΙΑ - ΠΟΛΙΤΙΚΟ ΚΟΜΜΑ". ΝΕΑ ΔΕΞΙΑ - ΠΟΛΙΤΙΚΟ ΚΟΜΜΑ (in Greek). Retrieved 2018-06-07.
- "The Neo-Ottoman Empire Stirs in the Eastern Mediterranean | Gates of Vienna". gatesofvienna.net. Retrieved 2018-06-12.
- "Ο Φαήλος Κρανιδιώτης στις Βρυξέλλες | ΝΕΑ ΔΕΞΙΑ - ΠΟΛΙΤΙΚΟ ΚΟΜΜΑ". ΝΕΑ ΔΕΞΙΑ - ΠΟΛΙΤΙΚΟ ΚΟΜΜΑ (in Greek). Retrieved 2018-06-12.
- "Press - www.enfgroup-ep.eu". www.enfgroup-ep.eu. Retrieved 2018-06-12.
- "Ξεκάθαρη στήριξη της E.N.F. στην Ελλάδα | ΝΕΑ ΔΕΞΙΑ - ΠΟΛΙΤΙΚΟ ΚΟΜΜΑ". ΝΕΑ ΔΕΞΙΑ - ΠΟΛΙΤΙΚΟ ΚΟΜΜΑ (in Greek). Retrieved 2018-06-12.
- "Fête des Nations du MENL le mardi 1er mai 2018 à l'Acropolis à Nice". Fête des Nations (in French). Retrieved 2018-06-07.
- "Populist plan for 2019 election puts EU in crosshairs". POLITICO. 2018-06-04. Retrieved 2018-06-12.
- "Grandiose journée du premier Mai à Nice : la fête des nations résistantes, avec Marine". Résistance Républicaine (in French). 2018-05-12. Retrieved 2018-06-12.