New York Chiropractic College
This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|President||Michael A. Mestan, B.S., D.C., M.S., Ed.D.|
|Students||828 (as of Winter 2018)|
New York Chiropractic College (NYCC) is a private alternative health college in Seneca Falls, New York. It has graduate programs in areas such as chiropractic, acupuncture and oriental medicine, and health sciences and education.
It is one of 18 chiropractic colleges in the United States. The school was founded in New York City as Columbia Institute of Chiropractic by chiropractor Frank Dean in 1919. In 1989, unable to expand in Long Island, NYCC purchased the former Eisenhower College campus in Seneca Falls, New York. After two years of renovations the college moved to the Seneca Falls campus in 1991.
NYCC, a mixed chiropractic and oriental medicine institution, continues to expand and introduce new programs. In addition to a D.C. program, the college now offers programs in acupuncture and Oriental medicine, clinical nutrition, sports nutrition, diagnostic imaging, anatomy, and human anatomy & physiology instruction.
The college also runs 4 community clinics: Seneca Falls, Depew, New York, Levittown, New York, and Rochester, New York. In addition, the school is affiliated with the National Naval Medical Center in Bethesda, Maryland and Veterans Hospitals in Rochester, New York, Buffalo, New York, Canandaigua, New York, Bath, New York, and Miami, Florida.
- Paul Frame, American ballet dancer
- Karyn Marshall, Olympic weightlifter and Doctor of Chiropractic in New Jersey
- As of June 30, 2009. "U.S. and Canadian Institutions Listed by Fiscal Year 2009 Endowment Market Value and Percentage Change in Endowment Market Value from FY 2008 to FY 2009" (PDF). 2009 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments. National Association of College and University Business Officers. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2010-04-01. Retrieved February 17, 2010.
- ___ (February 1991). "Weightlifter turns to chiropractic". The Chiropractic Journal. Archived from the original on 2010-07-06. Retrieved 2009-06-28.
- Ken Polsson. "Chronology of Sports - 1985". Ken Polsson. Archived from the original on 2009-09-20. Retrieved 2009-07-20.
- Mark Kodya (June 2003). "Mark Kodya's thesis on history of weightlifting". Weightlifting Exchange. Retrieved 2009-10-02.
- Ann E. Sudekum, Associate Editor (June 1992). "the olympics and sports chiropractic: World Champion Weightlifter Studies to Become Chiropractor (page 35 of pdf file; page 37 of numbered journal pages)" (PDF). ACA Journal of Chiropractic. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-07-20. Retrieved 2009-10-02.CS1 maint: Extra text: authors list (link)
- Leichman, Abigail Klein (September 29, 2012). "Shedding Emotional Blocks on th Israeli Shore". Israel21c. Retrieved 14 May 2014.
- "Emotional Barriers Expert מומחית בנטרול מחסומים רגשיים". Ynet Yedioth Ahronot. 05.04.14. Retrieved 9 May 2014. Check date values in: