New York College of Health Professions
|Headquarters||Muttontown, New York, United States|
The New York College of Health Professions is a private not-for-profit college chartered under the New York State Board of Regents.
The New York College of Health Professions was chartered in 1984 at Muttontown (the portion of the village which is served by Syosset Post Office). In 2004 the college was awarded a patent for Acupressure Clothing (U.S. Pat. 6,763,525 B1). It first applied to the New York State Board of Regents and the Commissioner of education for accreditation in October 2004. By 2006 it had 818 enrolled undergraduates. Throughout late 2006 and early 2007 the school was evaluated and the board voted unanimously to support accreditation for a three-year period ending in 2010. The board set for conditions that renewal would require the institution to strengthen governance, hire experienced faculty and add resources to the institutions research function. Today, the university is still accredited.
Acupressure Clothing Patent held by New York College
The main campus, on Long Island in Muttontown, New York has a 70,000 square foot facility with classrooms and teaching clinics. The school also has locations in Manhattan on the upper west side, University Settlement in the SoHo/ Chinatown area, and the NY Open Center in midtown.
The school conducts undergraduate degree programs in Massage Therapy, Advanced Asian Bodywork, Acupuncture, Oriental Medicine, and Herbal Medicine. It does certificate programs in Physical Arts, Yoga, Reiki, Qi Gong and T’ai Chi.
- "New York State Board of Regents".
- US patent office
- New York State Board of Regents and Commissioner of Education. The State Education Department. Initial Institutional Accreditation of New York College of Health Professions.
- Office of College and University Evaluation. Directory of Colleges and Universities Accredited by the New York State Board of Regents and Commissioner of Education
- "Healthy Manhattan: Long Island School Finds A West Side Alternative". New York Press. August 24, 2011.
- ""HOLYISTIC" College to Open On Upper West Side -- New York College of Health Professions To Open New Location at the World Famous Riverside Church". iStockAnalyst. August 22, 2011. Archived from the original on March 14, 2014.
- "New York College of Health Professions To Open New Location at the World Famous Riverside Church". Reuters. August 22, 2011.
- "New York College of Health Professions to Open First Institutionally Accredited Oriental Medicine School in Chinatown". Science News. August 19, 2011. Archived from the original on April 26, 2012.
- "University Settlement".
- "Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (ACAOM)".