New York Red Bulls II
|Founded||January 21, 2015|
|Stadium||Red Bull Arena|
|Owner||Red Bull GmbH|
|Sporting Director||Ali Curtis|
|Head Coach||John Wolyniec|
|2015||4th, Eastern Conference
Playoffs: Conference Semifinals
|Website||Club home page|
The New York Red Bulls II were founded on January 21, 2015, when the New York Red Bulls acquired the rights to start a USL club. Red Bulls II competes in the third tier of American soccer and serves as a reserve side for the first team as well as a developmental stage for young prospects and academy players. The club follows in the footsteps of many MLS clubs who created USL sides to help promote youth development throughout the nation. 
It was announced on March 2, 2015, that former Metrostars and Red Bulls player, John Wolyniec would be the club's new head coach. Wolyniec previously served as an assistant coach to the senior team and the academy. Former Red Bulls defender, Ibrahim Sekagya will also serve on his coaching staff. 
On March 19, 2015, the club announced the signing of their first ever player, and former academy standout, Tyler Adams. Following their first signing, the club's first roster consisted of senior team players who were loaned down, draft picks, academy players and local trialists.  A week later, on March 28, the club played in their inaugural match, drawing 0-0 against the Rochester Rhinos.  Senior team loanee, Anatole Abang scored the club's first ever goal in a 4-1 victory against Toronto FC II, marking the first victory in club history. 
After spending the majority of the 2015 and 2016 season playing at Red Bull Arena, the club announced on May 10, 2016 that their new home field would be at Montclair State University's Pittser Soccer Complex starting in 2017. 
- As of July 24, 2016
|Season||United Soccer League||Play-offs||US Open Cup||Top Scorer|
|2015||28||12||10||6||46||45||42||4th (East)||Conference Semifinals||2R||Marius Obekop||6|
|2016||19||12||2||5||33||15||41||2nd (East)||TBD||—||Brandon Allen||8|
- As of the 2016 season, MLS reserve sides are not allowed to compete in the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup.
Head Coaches Record
- As of July 24, 2016
- Includes USL Regular season, USL Play-offs and U.S. Lamar Hunt Open Cup
|John Wolyniec||United States||February 14, 2015||Present||51||25||14||12||49.02|
As of July 15, 2016.
All-time top goalscorers
As of July 23, 2016 (All competitive matches):
Bold signifies current Red Bulls II player
- "Red Bulls announce USL Pro team". New York Red Bulls. Retrieved January 21, 2015.
- "FINAL LOOK BACK: The Inaugural New York Red Bulls II season". RedBullsAcademy.com.
- "Red Bulls name John Wolyniec head coach of NYRB II". RedBullsAcademy.com.
- "Red Bulls II sign Academy product Tyler Adams". newyorkredbulls.com. Retrieved March 19, 2015.
- "New York Red Bulls II announce roster ahead of inaugural game". newyorkredbulls.com. Retrieved March 19, 2015.
- "MATCH RECAP: Red Bulls II 0, Rochester Rhinos, 0". newyorkredbulls.com. Retrieved March 19, 2015.
- "MATCH RECAP: Red Bulls II 4, Toronto FC II 1". newyorkredbulls.com. Retrieved April 4, 2015.
- "New York Red Bulls II Make Montclair State University Home; Remainder of 2016 USL Schedule to be played at Red Bull Arena". newyorkredbulls.com. Retrieved May 10, 2016.
- "Players". New York Red Bulls. Retrieved July 10, 2015.
- Includes United Soccer League, USL Playoffs, and U.S. Open Cup