New York State College of Ceramics
|This article does not cite any sources. (April 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The New York State College of Ceramics (NYSCC) at Alfred University in Alfred, New York, United States is a statutory college of the State University of New York (SUNY). It is divided into the School of Art and Design and the Inamori School of Engineering. Although the School of Engineering is nominally administered by NYSCC, the engineering school includes programs in mechanical engineering and renewable energy engineering which are not legally part of NYSCC. The engineering programs in ceramics, glass, biomaterials, and materials science engineering programs are NYSCC entities.
The College awards undergraduate and graduate degrees and is a doctoral granting institution of the State University of New York. It is host to both the Scholes Library, which has extensive collections of research materials in both ceramic science and ceramic art, and the Schein-Joseph International Museum of Ceramic Art.
- "Margaret Boozer". Smithsonian American Art Museum. Retrieved 19 July 2013.
- Galloway, Julia (2009). Julia Galloway: Biography. Retrieved October 8, 2009, from Julia Galloway: Utilitarian Pottery. Web site: http://www.juliagalloway.com/biography.html
- "Steven Heinemann". Retrieved 28 January 2017.
- Smith, Paul J. (2004-03-01). "Interview with Susan Peterson". Archives of American Art. Smithsonian Institution. Retrieved 2006-10-13.
- Jules Heller; Nancy G. Heller (19 December 2013). North American Women Artists of the Twentieth Century: A Biographical Dictionary. Routledge. ISBN 978-1-135-63882-5.
- Price, Ken. “Personal Influences.” Ceramics Monthly (September 1994) p. 31.
- Smoky Mountain News (29 August 2007). "Norm Schulman's ceramics kick off museum's season". Retrieved 19 March 2012.
- "Turner - The Marks Project". Retrieved 28 January 2017.
- "The RISD Museum of Art Presents Inner City: An Installation by Ceramic Sculptor Arnie Zimmerman and Architect Tiago Montepegado" Archived May 27, 2012, at the Wayback Machine. Museum of Art, Rhode Island School of Design. Press release (September 2009). Retrieved January 26, 2012
- Evans, Paul (1974). Art Pottery of the United States. New York: Charles Scribner's Sons. p. 8. ISBN 9780684140292.
- "Andrew Deutsch". Retrieved 28 January 2017.
- "Wayne Higby - Smithsonian American Art Museum". Retrieved 28 January 2017.
NYS College of Ceramics (2014). In State University of New York.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Alfred University.|
- School of Art and Design - home page
- Inamori School of Engineering - home page
- Alfred University - home page
School of Art and Design within NYSCC:
- Ceramic Art
- Sculptural/Dimensional Studies
- Expanded Media
- Painting, Drawing, Photography
- Art History
Inamori School of Engineering within NYSCC:
- Ceramic Engineering program
- Glass Engineering Science program
- Materials Science and Engineering program
- Biomaterials Engineering program
|This article about a university or college in New York is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This glass-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|