New York State College of Ceramics
This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The New York State College of Ceramics (NYSCC) at Alfred University in Alfred, New York, United States is a statutory college of the State University of New York (SUNY). There are a total of 616 students, including 536 undergraduates and 80 graduates.
The college was founded in 1900 as the New York School of Clayworking and Ceramics. In 1932 it changed its name to the New York State College of Ceramics. The College is composed of the School of Art and Design, the Inamori School of Engineering and the Samuel R. Scholes Library.
The Inamori School of Engineering at Alfred University offers programs in ceramics, glass, biomaterials, and materials science engineering. As well, the school offers the programs in mechanical engineering and renewable energy engineering which are associated with the private Alfred University. The School of Engineering is one of only two institutions in the U.S. that offer a B.S. in Ceramic Engineering, and the only institution in the U.S. that offers degrees in glass science.
- Margaret Boozer
- Cristina Córdova
- R. Guy Cowan
- Karon Doherty
- Julia Galloway
- Maija Grotell
- Isaac Scott Hathaway
- Steve Heinemann
- Vivika Heino
- Ayumi Horie
- Packard Jennings
- Michael Lax
- Tony Marsh
- Walter McConnell
- Ruth Gowdy McKinley, first potter elected to Royal Canadian Academy of Art
- Rebekah Modrak
- Judy Moonelis
- William O'Connor
- Ken Price
- Daniel Rhodes
- Norm Schulman
- Robert Chapman Turner
- Betty Woodman
- Arnold Zimmerman
- "Fast Facts - SUNY".
- Eisenstadt, Peter (2005-05-19). Encyclopedia of New York State. ISBN 9780815608080.
- "Margaret Boozer". Smithsonian American Art Museum. Retrieved 19 July 2013.
- Galloway, Julia (2009). Julia Galloway: Biography. Retrieved October 8, 2009, from Julia Galloway: Utilitarian Pottery. Web site: http://www.juliagalloway.com/biography.html
- "Steven Heinemann". Archived from the original on 17 April 2009. Retrieved 28 January 2017.
- Smith, Paul J. (2004-03-01). "Interview with Susan Peterson". Archives of American Art. Smithsonian Institution. Retrieved 2006-10-13.
- Jules Heller; Nancy G. Heller (19 December 2013). North American Women Artists of the Twentieth Century: A Biographical Dictionary. Routledge. ISBN 978-1-135-63882-5.
- Price, Ken. “Personal Influences.” Ceramics Monthly (September 1994) p. 31.
- Smoky Mountain News (29 August 2007). "Norm Schulman's ceramics kick off museum's season". Retrieved 19 March 2012.[permanent dead link]
- "Turner - The Marks Project". Retrieved 28 January 2017.
- "The RISD Museum of Art Presents Inner City: An Installation by Ceramic Sculptor Arnie Zimmerman and Architect Tiago Montepegado" Archived May 27, 2012, at the Wayback Machine Museum of Art, Rhode Island School of Design. Press release (September 2009). Retrieved January 26, 2012
- Evans, Paul (1974). Art Pottery of the United States. New York: Charles Scribner's Sons. p. 8. ISBN 9780684140292.
- "Wayne Higby - Smithsonian American Art Museum". Retrieved 28 January 2017.
- "Andrew Deutsch". Retrieved 28 January 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Alfred University.|